Meet Travis!!!!!! updated 03/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Today, we made the long journey to Where Dragons Dwell in Dublin to find our new baby! That place is actually like Beardie Disneyland - I want to live there LOL!
Anyway, long story short, we met lots of beardies and found our little Travis, almost as soon as we walked through the door!
Here are some pics of our visit.

Babies greeting us as we walked in!!
IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

Travis' Daddys girlfriends!!
IMG_0206.jpg

Travis' Daddy!
IMG_0221.jpg

Some of the other adults
IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

The 'Corals'
IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

And finally, Baby Travis. He is a red translucent het hypo leatherback male. He is going through a full body shed right now so his colours arent really showing. Unfortuneately, I didnt get to meet his mummy, as she is in brumation. But there are pics of her on the where dragons dwell website (look for Chloe).
IMG_2200.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

EDIT to add - he hatched on August 4th, making him 3 months and 5 days old.

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
:blob8: :blob5: He is gorgeous Christina! He's the same age as Ember! I would LOVE a red trans leatherback. So pretty! I'm so happy and excited for you!! :blob5: :blob8:

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
CJ, the corals are AMAZING!!! So totally unique and the pics just dont do them justice. They have yellow tummys!

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
I kind of want to live in Dublin to be able to go there and see the Disneyland of Bearded Dragons.

*runs to look at airline tickets* teehee!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
By the way, that is not sand in the vivs. It is oat bran. Im not sure how people feel about this but Sybilla suggested that I get some to at least cover part of Travis' viv.

We got to watch the babies being bathed too - they are bathed daily once they hit 3 days old and then, from 8 weeks, they are bathed 3 times per week - so nice to know that Travis knows what a bath is!!!!!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
midmichicer":1q4eyzqs said:
Your pics and info has me sold. I am getting a coral in March.
:blob5:
The pics dont do them justice! I think they may be next on my list LOL! They are stunning - red over yellow colouring with the yellow belly and then this pinkish strip behind their eyes, like blusher!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
OOOOh, i forgot to mention this....
There are AT LEAST 30 adults in this place. They live in 6x2 vivs - 3-4 females per viv. 1 male will be in each viv (during breeding season)... however, if there is any aggression from the males, they are immediately separated! She was telling us that Jeremiah was a naughty boy yesterday so he had 2 of his ladies taken away and if he misbehaved again, his final lady would be gone too! Once a female has been bred and laid her eggs, she is moved to a female only enclosure to recooperate, ready for next years breeding season.
Alfonso (I think it was him) had been VERY naughty so he had no ladies to play with LOL!

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
What a fabulous day you have had! Bet you are pooped but in a good way. The pictures are wonderful especially the babies up and ready to greet you as you walk in. What a super way to pick out your little one. Travis is just adorable! Love his coloring and those beautiful black eyes. You are so deserving of this baby and the joy of going to such a memorable and special place to get him. I'm so very happy for you Christina. Now the real fun begins!!!

Suz

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
MissT":2133x909 said:
If you breed trans to trans will they ALL come out trans????

Yes, but it is not a good thing to do. The mutation is so intense, often there is still births, and defects. It gives stronger genes and is much safer to breed a trans x het trans. Charlie is Trans het hypo just like Travis.

If I have trans het hypo x hypo het trans I will get hypo trans, trans het hypo, and hypo het trans. A little something for everyone. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom