Meet my baby Jude

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited to get my first bearded dragon! Did lots of research but still worry I'm getting it all wrong. He/ she shed today which was a bit worrying but as soon as the skin was gone she was running round again like a maniac. This is her post shed. Does she look okay?
80349-6206958485.jpg

Nancy87

Original Poster
Thanks guys. I have just removed all the sand from her vivarium and she looks really annoyed and covered in stress marks. Hope she knows it's for her own good!

Nancy87

Original Poster
How are you guys making sure your bear dies get enough water? Jude is fine eating as she is managing about 20 locusts a day but really hates being sprayed and baths. I don't want her to get dehydrated as she is still soooo little

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't bother with the spraying. Limit baths if she doesn't seem to enjoy them. If she's eating well, just make sure the locusts are well hydrated with fresh veggies and/or some plain water gel/cubes and she will get plenty of hydration from eating them.

Nancy87

Original Poster
Some more photos for you
80349-7884965874.jpg
80349-1952236914.jpg
80349-3562524282.jpg
He is doing really well. I have now tiled my viv as the pet shop advised me to use sand. He is eating about 20 - 30 size 3 locusts a day.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Haha I love the picture of him basking with his mouth open. He looks super happy and relaxed.

Nancy87

Original Poster
We managed to weigh and measure him today. He is 9 inches including his tail and weighs 44 grams which is a 10 gram gain in 5 days! We were told that he was 2 months when we got him almost 3 weeks ago. Does that sound about right?
He really likes being handled now and was desperate to come out again as soon as we put him back.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear he is curious and energetic. The growth is very good and the age estimate is probably pretty close.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Hey Nancy!

I got mine from Petco and they said 4 months because the owners told them before giving him up.

But he's plump and don't hesitate to say anything if you think there is anything ever wrong with him. He's very healthy though so don't worry too much. His new skin is fine.

Did you get the name Jude from The Beatles song? If so, awesome! If not, thats cool. I like The Beatles so seeing Jude made me put on the song.

Nancy87

Original Poster
You got it Blue Dragon - it is from the Beatles song. We don't know if she is a boy or a girl yet so it will suit both. I am going to call her a she for now though.
She has started waving her arm to me and my daughter Maisy who is 10. It is sooo cute.
She is a bit off her food today and I noticed some pieces of skin on the floor so looks like she is shedding but I have no idea where from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom