meal worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptiles4Life

Sub-Adult Member
I just got a bearded dragon yesterday and its a baby from petsmart and wont eat crickets just meal worms. how do i get it to eat crickets

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Stop feeding mealworms and eventually it will get hungry enough for crickets.

Also making sure your husbandry is perfect will help. Proper lighting and temperatures play a huge role in appetite.

-Brandon

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
Instead of meal worms, maybe try baby super worms. They are roughly the same size and much better for them.

Reptiles4Life

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks that's a great idea i have started breeding super worms,Calci-Worms,crickets,meal worms. and i got her to eat crickets and lettuce.Thanks for the help. :D

Rebekah

Love4animals

Hatchling Member
Just to let you know, lettuce isn't good for them. It has poor nutrition in it. And, it shouldn't be used as a staple. Good veggies to feed him are collard greens like mustard greens or dandelion greens. Kale is good too. :D

Reptiles4Life

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks but i know lettuce is not good for them but i meant washed celery leaves and she loves corn. i got her to eat crickets by the way.Thanks.

Rebekah

TareLee

rluper":3i2w7w7z said:
It can be for juvenile beardies as food and adult beardies for treats.

Rebekah

OK thanks! I think I keep seeing mixed reviews on the superworm topic.
Can adults eat meal worms as a staple protein?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom