MASSIVE BIG NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! suggest you all read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venutus1

Xeyla":texewt93 said:
I just want to thank everyone here for all the information about this lamp. I just purchased the 22" fixture w/12% bulb, because my old fixture will not work with the new bulb, and I cannot wait to get it. Thanks again for all the help. :D

Thanks.
:)

Xeyla

diamc":7zvndxk1 said:
Great that you have the Arcadia bulb on its way. You made a great choice. :D If you got the T5, make sure it is no closer than 12" though as Todd recommends. Let us know how your beardie likes it.

Sorry for the late reply. Toby is liking the new bulb, and his mood seems happier now. He is eating better, and now goes poo 2x a day, whereas before he was going 2x a week! Although I think I was giving him too much calcium because his urates were kinda hard. But he is doing much better, and I love the new fixture. Now I'm going to go buy some materials to build him a new home, and my hubby is going to help :D

Venutus1

solarmeterandarcadiatesting12II.jpg
solarmeterandarcadiatesting24ii.jpg

Heres are some t5 reading with and without screen to add. :)

These are in a fixture with a good reflector.

Thanks!

Todd
http://www.lightyourreptiles.com

Venutus1

Xeyla":169xm0tv said:
diamc":169xm0tv said:
Great that you have the Arcadia bulb on its way. You made a great choice. :D If you got the T5, make sure it is no closer than 12" though as Todd recommends. Let us know how your beardie likes it.

Sorry for the late reply. Toby is liking the new bulb, and his mood seems happier now. He is eating better, and now goes poo 2x a day, whereas before he was going 2x a week! Although I think I was giving him too much calcium because his urates were kinda hard. But he is doing much better, and I love the new fixture. Now I'm going to go buy some materials to build him a new home, and my hubby is going to help :D

I am glad to hear he is eating well... and pooping better... BOTH are important!
You can have one without the other. :lol:
Many Thanks! Todd :D

lilacdragon

Hatchling Member
Yes, those are the correct, matching items and are exactly what you need for a T5 UVB set-up in a 3-4ft vivarium. They are available from other internet stores in the UK, too. You can search online for the best prices. :)

japcarsBrett

Hatchling Member
hi thanks for your reply i was just worried as it didn't say HO on the site but on that package ( as i have one now ) it does say High Out Put above the English instructions also the code on it is FD3P24D3 where everywhere it says the code is FD3P24T5 does this mean mine is the wrong bulb, also i have another question sorry lol. i have got a T8 arcadia 12% 30inch bulb with reflector aswell in my viv i'm using now i was using the T5 arcadia 12% bulb for about 4 months from new that i took out for various reasons, i have been using the T8 bulb since anyway my question is even though the T5 bulb was being used but iv had it unplugged for about a month if i was to put it back in now will it still be putting out strong uvb like it was before but seeing as it hasn't been used i'm worried that putting it back in will be no good for my beadie as it won't be as strong??
Thanks

lilacdragon

Hatchling Member
Hi, Brett.
Don't worry - Arcadia only make two types of T5 reptile lamps, they are both HO (high output) ... the D3+ (12% UVB) in a box that's basically more orange, and has a beardie picture; and the D3 (6% UVB) which has a green box and a chameleon on it.
If you have the one with the beardie picture, then you have the right tube.

Storing the tube has no effect on the UVB output. It only decays while the lamp is alight. You can unplug it for as long as you like, and it will carry on where it left off.
The output of all high-quality UVB tubes will decay quite rapidly over the first ten days, then progressively more slowly until after about six months, the rate of decay is very slow indeed. With high-quality tubes like these, there is then very little further decay for the rest of the year.

So... no worries!

Frances

japcarsBrett

Hatchling Member
Hi Frances
Thank you for your reply that was exactly what i wanted to hear :) i do have the one with the beardie on it which is great least i know i have the right one now lol, i will put the T5 back in asap. i will be getting a 4ft viv soon so that will be fun setting up the light again :) i think i will go with the shade method you mentioned as i have a 22inch T5 bulb so i will angle it down close to the basking light as mentioned.
Again Thanks for your help much appreciated

Brett.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Francis, we know you are a very busy person but we thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to help us figure this out.

Lori

foolsgold

Hatchling Member
You cant use a T8 fixture for a T5 bulb. The T5 is smaller and won't fit. Also the Acradia is a HO (high output) and needs more power then the NO (nominal output) regular fixtures produce. If you have a hydroponics store in your area (indoor plant growing) give them a call and they SHOULD carry the HO fixtures. My store started out at $24 for the 22" fixture. Just FYI if you wanted to buy the bulb from lightyourreptiles and get the fixture somewhere else.

Venutus1

foolsgold":20k3nhku said:
You cant use a T8 fixture for a T5 bulb. The T5 is smaller and won't fit. Also the Acradia is a HO (high output) and needs more power then the NO (nominal output) regular fixtures produce. If you have a hydroponics store in your area (indoor plant growing) give them a call and they SHOULD carry the HO fixtures. My store started out at $24 for the 22" fixture. Just FYI if you wanted to buy the bulb from lightyourreptiles and get the fixture somewhere else.

Yes, good point, the t5 bulbs are smaller and require a higher power ballast to drive them.

Also , I have seen some inexpensive t5 fixtures at hydroponics stores that start out a good value...
around 24.99 to 29.99.
but then they charge you 12.00 - 16.00 extra for the clip on reflector because they are just the strip part of the fixture ONLY.
Just sayin'.
Buy smart.
LOL :wink:

Cheers!
Todd
www.lightyourreptiles.com
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom