MASSIVE BIG NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! suggest you all read

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudskipper

Juvie Member
In case anyone is interested, Todd of http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/ They are not on the website yet though. Apparently, I'm the first one. Yay. :blob8:

Todd has been great and responds to my emails at lightning speed. I highly recommend :)

Reflector_T8_T5.jpg

Venutus1

mudskipper":2o9hz1xw said:
In case anyone is interested, Todd of http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/ They are not on the website yet though. Apparently, I'm the first one. Yay. :blob8:

Todd has been great and responds to my emails at lightning speed. I highly recommend :)

Reflector_T8_T5.jpg

YES!
I just got them in. :)
BUT--- FYI!!
It may be a week or so before I get them slotted in and up on the web-site to order through the site.

So if any-one is interested and wants one now ... feel free to shoot me an e/m - [email protected] :) :blob5:

Cheers!

lilacdragon

Hatchling Member
Erm..... grief, I hate to be a party-pooper but... is that $8 Walmart fixture Normal Output, or High Output?
If it's Normal Output then I don't think you'll be getting anything like as good a UVB from your Arcadia tube as you ought to...... it's supposed to run at 24 watts. The link says that fixture runs at 17 watts.....

Todd.... can you buy one of those $8 fixtures and do an experiment - see what UVB output you DO get, if you run a 24W at 17W? I think it would be really helpful.....

mudskipper

Juvie Member
lilacdragon":1q4o5596 said:
Erm..... grief, I hate to be a party-pooper but... is that $8 Walmart fixture Normal Output, or High Output?
If it's Normal Output then I don't think you'll be getting anything like as good a UVB from your Arcadia tube as you ought to...... it's supposed to run at 24 watts. The link says that fixture runs at 17 watts.....

Todd.... can you buy one of those $8 fixtures and do an experiment - see what UVB output you DO get, if you run a 24W at 17W? I think it would be really helpful.....

You can only use the Walmart fixture for the 24" T8 Arcadia bulb, which is 18 watts. The HO 22" you are referring to needs to be in a T5 HO fixture, which Todd sells. http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22t5hofihou.html They are not the same thing and are not compatible with each other. Even their reflectors are different. Unless your cage is really high, having a reflector for a T5 may be too much. My 18" cage is too low for high output so I got the regular T8.

lilacdragon

Hatchling Member
Ah! Oh,my bad..... I made a mistake, Mudskipper. :shock:
With all the talk about T5 tubes, I looked at the link you put up for your T8 fixture and I thought I was looking at a T5 fixture!

Your T8, 18-watt, 24-inch tube fits perfectly in your T8, 17-watt T8 Walmart fixture, and so does your new T8 Arcadia reflector..... yes, that all looks very nice!..... :D
I use the T8 Arcadia reflectors on all my T8 fluorescent tubes, they make a big difference... doubling the UVB as well as the visible light.
I shouldn't think using a 17 watt fixture with an 18 watt tube will make much difference to the UV output. (But actually, if Todd did want to experiment with one, it would still be interesting. Several years ago, a member of UVB_Meter_Owners Group did a test with a range of different fixtures and found that the very cheap ones did "under-run" the tubes and the best UV output was from a better-quality but more expensive fixture.)

The link you just put up for a T5 H-O fixture looks good too - the T5 HO tubes are 22-inch long and 24 watts. Arcadia ALSO sell a clip-on T5 reflector designed for those.... but I don't know if it would fit in that fixture... It looks as if it would... :D
Todd's T5 H-O fixtures all have built-in reflectors....

Sorry for the confusion..
Frances

mudskipper

Juvie Member
Phew. I was panicking a bit. Do you remember where that experiment on different fixtures can be found?

Frances, when do you plan to update the MVB section and the florescent tube survey results on your site? :)

lilacdragon

Hatchling Member
Hi, Mudskipper.

The article is in the files of the UVB_Meter_Owners group. It's a Yahoo Group; you need to be logged in to your Yahoo account and join the group, to access the files. But it's free.... and there's lots of good stuff on there!
It's a Word document that you can either read in your browser, or download:
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/UVB_Meter_Owners/files/Fixtures effect UVB fluorescents tubes.doc

I'm working on the update right now. (Every so often I check my emails and go on line to take a break!)
My deadline is November 12th. :)
It will come fast enough....

All the best
Frances

schooled_ca

Hatchling Member
Just wanted to post here and thank Todd for his fantastic service/help in ordering of my new Fixture/Bulb combination! I had to email him right away to make sure I ordered the correct product, and he was fast to respond, leaving his phone number as well. I called him to ask another question, and he was super eager to help. We had a great conversation, and he even looked at my viv in the making to confirm a few things with me!

Overall, fantastic service from an independent small business owner. Everyone should do there part and do a few things..

Happily pay the posted price and..

Refer your friends/family to him.

That's the only way these fantastic Small Businesses will survive :)

Thanks, Todd!!

Terence

travis27

As far as the input voltage, you can buy a ballast that its universal voltage for t5 and change it out. Its not hard and doesn't effect the light at all. I'm an electrician and change balasts out regularly. If there are any questions please email me.

Rexx

I have found some dual bulb t5 ho fixture that would work great in our vivs. I was wondering if it would be ok to run 2 Arcadia lights in one viv or would it be too much?

Venutus1

schooled_ca":1wwat2l9 said:
Just wanted to post here and thank Todd for his fantastic service/help in ordering of my new Fixture/Bulb combination! I had to email him right away to make sure I ordered the correct product, and he was fast to respond, leaving his phone number as well. I called him to ask another question, and he was super eager to help. We had a great conversation, and he even looked at my viv in the making to confirm a few things with me!

Overall, fantastic service from an independent small business owner. Everyone should do there part and do a few things..

Happily pay the posted price and..

Refer your friends/family to him.

That's the only way these fantastic Small Businesses will survive :)

Thanks, Todd!!

Terence

awww shucks Terence,

you are making me blush! :oops:

But seriously, Thank You so much for your kind words!

It means allot to me so I can keep on working to bring REAL and ADVANCED quality products to the herp community.

For so long reptiles have had the "back seat" in the overall pet picture when it comes to getting better products to help them live longer and healthier lives.

And it is time for that to change. Let the Revolution begin!

LightYourReptiles.com's goal is to lead the way to see that all herp keepers get the education, support and cutting edge products our hobby so desperately needs to advance and flourish! :blob5:

Thank you Terence and all the great LightYourReptiles.com customers on BeardedDragon.org for your business and support!
You are very much appreciated!

Most Sincerely,
Todd Goode
http://www.LightYourReptiles.com
e/m:
[email protected]

ps.
HEY!
Ever wonder exactly WHY UV B is so important to beardies? :?:

Or how it works to make Vit. D in their bodies to keep them healthy and fight metabolic bone disease? :?:
Our Friend, John Courteney-Smith wrote this article and it has the answers and it is very easy to read and understand. :study:
Plus, thankfully, you don't need to be a rocket science microbiologist to read it and learn from it. :mrgreen: :lol:
You may want to check it out!
http://www.arcadia-reptile.com/the-d3-cycle/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom