Maple Syrup Scent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magpieandstuff

Hatchling Member
I wasn't sure if I should post this in General Discussion or Health. It is a bit of a weird question. Does anyone know why bearded dragons sometimes smell like maple syrup? I tried googling it, but didn't really find anything.

magpieandstuff

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
huh.. It must not be all beardies then. For Reptar, the scent seems to be coming from his shoulder pads and nape.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
mine, always smell like wood! and i don't ever have wood in my encloser XD
bearded dragons have the most unique smell. each one has a different scent :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
AHBD":3csfbjqb said:
Is this before or AFTER they reach pancake size ?

facepalm.jpg

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
:lol: :lol:

Can't say I've noticed a syrup smell.
As someone had mentioned, Simon often smells like warm wood, but she has a natural climbing stick in her enclosure, which gets warmed..

I was just sniffing Richter yesterday but he doesn't really smell like anything, but my sense of smell is terrible

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
AHBD":2em5jq00 said:
Is this before or AFTER they reach pancake size ? :D I can't say I've ever had such a scent reach my nostrils no matter how many of these I had around.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29884/full
Awe Man, I am so ashamed of myself, "I am holding my head down in shame" that I missed this little zinger, ROTFLMAO!!! I never expected this because you are always so serious, lol :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: !! Once again, you have made me proud!!!

magpieandstuff

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I guess I thought all beardies smelled like maple syrup. It must just be a Reptar thing. :D Now I really want to get another beardie to see what other scents are out there! :lol:

Aceyourface

Hatchling Member
Actually Thor had the same thing for a while there when she was a bit younger. I remember I would smell it when I reached into her tank to bring her out. It wasn't like a pure maple syrup smell, but it did have a hint of it. I totally forgot all about that until I read your post lol

Betty53218

Hatchling Member
Smaug definitely has a very unique smell. I often hold his sleeping blankets to my face and breath the scent in. Personally, his scent reminds me of a newborn baby smell. Now my husband, he definitely smells like maple syrup. But that's because he takes fenugreek daily. That's one of the side effects of taking the herb. Maybe it's one of the ingredients in your beardie's vitamins! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom