Male dubias dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danieel

Hatchling Member
The roaches I have serve for breeding purposes so far every week there are a couple die offs and are only males I got them about a year ago could they be dying of old age? Also would the females then die off too?

Cowabunga

Hatchling Member
Danieel":4oz8rgya said:
The roaches I have serve for breeding purposes so far every week there are a couple die offs and are only males I got them about a year ago could they be dying of old age? Also would the females then die off too?

Females can live upto a couple years but the males I believe are only 6mo. This is why I warn people who are so eager to get rid of all males is the simple fact that they die a lot earlier. Also they don't mature any faster so it still takes a while to produce more.

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
Cowabunga":3ihq2wl4 said:
Danieel":3ihq2wl4 said:

Females can live upto a couple years but the males I believe are only 6mo. This is why I warn people who are so eager to get rid of all males is the simple fact that they die a lot earlier. Also they don't mature any faster so it still takes a while to produce more.

Male dubia live about a year (so if you meant six months past maturation, you're correct), so it's not strange that they're dying. Also, there seems to be an uneven split when it comes to how many males vs. females are born. So unless you feed off massive amounts of male dubia, you're going to have more of them, and they're going to die faster. So you'll see a lot more dead males than females.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom