Beardies trying to lock up together (2 females)

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys I have 2 females (vet confirmed) and they have been a tad aggressive ie biting the neck/beard and mounting.

This morning I let them out together everything was ok no charging just head bobbing. I turned to talk to someone and when I turned back after a second my 2 females where locked together or at least tried too. My Amber was on my Chubbs and the same position a male and female would be in for breeding purposes.

My Amber closed her vent up but it was slightly open should I be concerned? This is the very first time this has ever happened and it WON'T happen again. They may bob and try to get to each other but only around this time of year which is odd otherwise they are perfect together.

Note: separate enclosures and no cohabitation between them besides if I take them outside in warmer weather too bask and roam

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Snicker Doodles did that to one of my males a couple weekends ago lol. She has tried with the other females also. I think hormones get the best of them

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Snicker Doodles did that to one of my males a couple weekends ago lol. She has tried with the other females also. I think hormones get the best of them
Think it is hormones just odd it's right after brumation lol normally they bob and wave here and there but not this much

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
In the wild right after brumation is when they normally look for a mate. I would chalk it up to mother nature. Do keep an eye on them though in case one or the other becomes to rough.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Not sure if it was intentional but that was a double irony (and creative).

On another note, everyone is so creativee on this site with a play on beardies/lizards (but me) Love it!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom