Lynch ran under the porch outside, FOUND HER

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkoga

So it was a really hot day here in ks and i wanted my beardie to get some natural sun, she was chiling in my hand watching the roofers work, then my buddy walked towards me she flared out her beard opened her mouth and jumped out of my hand hit the ground and ran right under the porch, we've looked under the porch, its a large porch and the roofers had a compresser on the other side, i feel so stupid for taking her outside, but shes always so kewl and calm, we've looked out side and i know that theres bugs under the porch for her to eat but i went and put her cricket cage outside where she ran in, she reconizes it usually, i dont know what to do please help me. :banghead:

FOUND HER

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
if she was that scared she may have squeezed herself into a tight space.
good idea with the cricket cage.

is it dark under the porch? try using a flashlight to see if it will reflect off her eyes.
if it is still loud from the roofers she may not be coming out for a while.

kingkoga

Original Poster
its dark under the porch, we used a flashlight and couldnt see her the roofers have quit for the day, and the sun is starting to go down, i am thinking about putting a heat lamp out with the cricket cage, and looking with the flash like now that its darker may help, we didnt see her run out of the porch, so i hope shes still down there, i know she can live down there for a while, but i want her back so bad,

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
oh noooooooo im so sorry!!!
i really hope you find her, you have to let us know ok? good luck to you!! a positive out of all this is, at least you know the area she is very likely to be in ... that is an advantage over you didnt see where you where she went. i know it doesnt make you feel any better about it, but its a start. i really hope you find her soon and plz plz plz keep us posted.
~Emily

kingkoga

Original Poster
I still havent found her yet, about 2hours from now will make 24hrs, i keep looking at the sunny spots cuz shes gota come out to bask some time, right? I know she could be under the porch or she could be gone, and shes a juvinile, not a total baby but still small.

kingkoga

Original Poster
omg we saw her under the porch, she was peeking out i touched her! almost had her, then she took off under the porch again, at least we know shes alive and comfortable in her hole, she knows some where to hide we went under the porch to find her and couldnt see her any where,... :banghead:

At least you know she is still there. That really sucks, I'm sorry. The same thing happened to me the other day. My beardie Sydney is usually always calm and chill, but when we went outside (it was the third time) she jumped and ran under our van. She's small so it was hard to keep an eye on her and find her. I haven't taken her outside since, I'm going to make her a leash thing so that never happens again. :3 I'm sure she will come out soon.. Best of luck!

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
I really hope you find her soon :(
when you do find her you might want to invest in a leash for the next time you go out

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Something that may work..without hurting her is to get a small net and lay it where she is coming out from under the porch...once shes caught in it..she may struggle a bit...but it will not hurt her..did this for a friend of mine that lost his ferret under the skirting of his trailer...granted a ferret is different..but a small enough holed net she can get her feet tangled in may help...you would really have to watch it though so if she would get tangled in it..she wont get stressed out really bad...just a thought

kingkoga

Original Poster
the roofers wern't on the roof to day, and we dont have a net, she was behind the rose bush behind some latus fence at the bottom of the deck i could touch her as soon i almost had my hand around her she ran, but the roofers will be back tomorrow so i doubt she will be out then, but if she does, i know she has to bask to digest, and there are tons of food under the porch, so idk whats gona happen, i know shes still around though,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom