Lynch ran under the porch outside, FOUND HER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure you'll find her soon. :( She's gonna miss you soon enough and come back! :cry: You could try gently moving a broom around underneath or something. :/

kingkoga

Original Poster
im goning to rip up a few bords on the porch and see what happens, have some one stand on each side of the porch and see if she runs

I'm really sry you have to go thru this. I just got my beardie the beginning of this week and I don't know what I'd do if it happened to me.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and pray that you are able to find her soon.

jings55

Hatchling Member
Oh! I hope you can catch her! A trick I used with gerbils, was to place a bucket on the floor and put something good to eat inside (that can't get out), then tip the bucket sort of on it's side and make a stack of books-or bricks-or anything-like a staircase. As soon as they go up the stairs and jump down in the bucket, it should stand upright, trapping the little lizard. Now I don't know how big your beardie is in comparison to a couple of gerbils, so you might have to try something bigger than a pail/bucket. Another thought: They light hides, so put down something she might crawl into and you can just pick it up beardie and all. I'm a new beardie owner, so I don't know if these methods will help, but you could try them.

Now, if only someone could help me find my cat who got out last night and hasn't come home yet...I'm getting nervous and am ready to post a Lost and Found add in the morning.

kingkoga

Original Poster
im trying the shirt trick maybe it will help ill gona check it before bed, still havent seen her tomorrow makes a week that i lost her 6 days since ive seen her

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
Not sure if you found her yet, but the same thing happened to me the very first day I got my baby. I had a box in one hand and him in the other and he jumped right out and under our litte porch. I'm not sure if this is even plausible for you, but we blocked off all but one side with towels (we had a very low porch) and sat very still on the porch while dad was standing out of sight with a stick. We would tempt him by putting crix just outside the porch. If we were still enough, he would venture out a little. It took a few tries, but eventually he came more than 3/4ths of the way out, and dad poked his tail with a stick and he ran into the yard where we could trap him.

I really really hope you can get her out. :( Good luck!

kingkoga

Original Poster
so i give up im just waiting on her to come out and bask, so i bought another baby, and im still waiting for my lynch hope she comes back but idk what will happen

kingkoga

Original Poster
i tried to take up the porch but the screws are striped out, and drilled in to deep, i tried i snaped some tips and got really upset trying to do take it up,

platinumtreasure

Hatchling Member
Oh no how awful. I know it's scary for you. What about trying to hand feed her when you are in reach the next but don't grab for her right away. Let her feed from your hand and move backward a little each time you give her the food by hand until she comes out enough that you can scoop her up quickly before she can run back under her hiding spot.

platinumtreasure

Hatchling Member
I just read Jings story about the gerbil and it reminds me of what happened at my home tonight. Cute little Hopefully will make you smile.

I would notice Venus pacing a lot the past couple of days before lights out or when they came on in the mornings. Couldn't figure out why until several days ago.

My hubby and his friend where jumping up the floor to our second level. So they had to cut a hole in the wall to do so while I was away on vacation last week and they apparently left it opened ALL NIGHT LONG. So he told me he found a baby mouse in the wall that looked like it had just formed hair but didn't live. Of course I knew that meant trouble and there was likely a momma and probably another baby somewhere. Well for 3 days my hubby put down those little sticky traps which I knew wouldnt work because mice avoid those like the plague. Then he put down the old fashion mouse traps which I hate with a piece of cheese on it. Told him that wouldnt work either, which it didn't. But at least we found out for sure that we had at least one mouse because the dang thing took the cheese and the trap never even tripped! :lol: Not once but twice. :| I told him (which he never listens to me) that he would need to use peanut butter so the mouse would have to eat at it long enough for the trap to sense it and trip. Finally after 2 more tries with the cheese being eaten he listened. Anyway last night he did the peanut butter and we caught the momma mouse. :( I hated it but I have a 6 month old baby in the house and a 6 years old that sleep in the room where they had cut the hole.

Anyway at 10pm tonight my daughter calls my cell and tells me she in downstairs in her bathroom and a baby mouse is in there with her. I call my husband who is more afraid of mice then I am :roll: no help. So my daughter and I come up with a plan because we don't want to kill the baby. So for AN HOUR AND A HALF the 2 of use stood one inside the bathroom with the baby mouse peeking at her (my daughter) with a trash can blocking the crack at the door he kept trying to go back to and the other (me) on the outside of the door with a trash can in case he got past her. :banghead: He couldnt have been more than an inch long but boy could he jump! :blob5: Anyway he finally ran into the shelves where she keeps her towels to hide and she put the trash can in front of it so that he had no where to go but in the trash can. He was actually a tiny cute little thing and I was glad we didnt have to kill him in a trap. I took him away from my house to a vacant lot and let him go. I actually felt good when he scampered away unharmed.

I had to explain to my grand daughter that he was just a baby looking for his momma and he is one of god's creatures too. So if there was no need to hurt him we shouldn't and that's why her mommie and me waited patiently until we could catch him.

So maybe a trash can is not the answer for you, but perhaps see if your local animal shelter will lone you a cat trap and you can put her cricket container inside near where she was last seen.

kingkoga

Original Poster
I found lynch, was walking to look at the fence with my dad and found her shes like 3x the size of when i lost her in one month she grew that much omg, but now what do i do with reginald tesla, hes a baby ive kept in the same cage, but now shes back and stuff i put him in a critter keeper in the same cage, cardboarded three sides and put it to the glass that should work for 3 months till he out grows it,

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
You'll need to get another viv.

get lynch in the bath to make sure she is hydrated.
I'm sure you already tried feeding her.
Make sure you pay attention to her poop. Does it look normal?
Does it smell extra bad?

How does she look? Does she remember you at all?or is she puffing at you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom