Lobster roaches or Dubias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen

I'm about to get into the roach game, and I know some people do dubias, and some people do lobster roaches. Whats the difference, what do you prefer, and why?

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Dubias all the way! They don't climb out of the bin and are slower moving the down fall is they breed slower. The lobsters well are fast and can climb anything including glass but they mature quicker and breed a bit faster. Hope this helps.. :D

Virus

Hatchling Member
I've been working on a dubia colony for roughly nine months, and have had to restart it a few times.

It seems that for me the colony gets going, and is doing well enough (having roughly 2500), and then after feeding for awhile, all of a sudden just stops. I hear that my colony is dwindling again, and if it doesn't pull through again, I'm going to prepare for Lobsters.

If the Lobsters don't work, then I'll be back to Dubia, but meh.

Virus

Hatchling Member
On average around four beardies. So I understand that I might have too many hungry mouths for a colony of that size.

Other than that, I'm sure something is operator error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom