Not open for further replies.
I don't know why he's biting
I just took him out
He wasnt even out for a minute and he was on my chest
And bit my neck
He almost broke skin
He's already broken skin before
Please help me

Dont put him near your neck for now lol I would keep some veggies on hand every time you hold him and if he gapes at you or tries to bite you put veggies in his mouth. Tamed one of my feisty babies down pretty fast. They get scared. We are huge compared to them in every way. Maybe look at the way you are holding him and see if you are moving too fast, etc

ColorMeAbby

Original Poster
I don't even get a gape from him before he bites, im also done hand feeding him
Since he attacks my fingers first
I'm just so frustrated with him
He's my first baby
And I'm kinda afraid to even take him out now
/:
He'll gape at me puff his beard and flatten out when he doesn't wanna be taken out

chrism1

Sorry about your spunky beardie!

Maybe consider petting him gently while he is inside his tank, kinda establish a little relationship. Does this a few times through out the day for a while, just so he knows who you are. Also, I know it sounds crazy, but talk to him! there have been some owners who report that their dragon recognizes their voice, that when they get home and say something, other people notice the dragon perk up!

ColorMeAbby

Original Poster
The temp I haven't checked lately
Yes he has a UVB light he had MBD pretty sure I fixed that but it stunted his growth majorly

I'm gonna try all this thanks you guys I really apreciate it
He's my first baby and a handful

I'll keep you all posted

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Talking to your dragon does work. You can say i'm crazy but Harley does recongnize my voice and when I say her name, sometimes she will lift her head up and peer over at me while i'm on the computer and looking at her. I do talk to her a lot though. Are you letting him sleep with a shirt or blanket with your scent on it? That helps a lot too as well as hand feeding.

chrism1

Sauzo":mxshlmkz said:
Talking to your dragon does work. You can say i'm crazy but Harley does recongnize my voice and when I say her name, sometimes she will lift her head up and peer over at me while i'm on the computer and looking at her. I do talk to her a lot though. Are you letting him sleep with a shirt or blanket with your scent on it? That helps a lot too as well as hand feeding.

I never thought about wrapping them up in shirts that smell like me, sounds like a good idea. I usually let mine lick me before I grab him as well, so he recognizes me.

DixieLonestar20x

Hatchling Member
Does he show any other kinds of signs at you? like the famous head bob, or wave (though if he is flaring his beard at you he probably wont be waving to you)

How long have you had him and how old is he?

ColorMeAbby

Original Poster
DixieLonestar20x":26n8qj08 said:
Does he show any other kinds of signs at you? like the famous head bob, or wave (though if he is flaring his beard at you he probably wont be waving to you)

How long have you had him and how old is he?

No head bobs, no arm waves, only flares his beard in the morning after he wakes up.
I got him in July on the 2nd
He's about 9 months old or so
He was 7 months when I got him

If he doesn't stop I'm gonna have to get rid of him
):

aegillesp

Hatchling Member
When I first got Simon he was really scared of me so I wore a shirt for a few days and I folded it up and put it in his tank. He ignored it for a day or so, then eventually it became his favorite laying spot. I would give it time, but don't quit trying. Give him attention everyday even if its just petting his head a few times when you walk by his tank. Even when my days are excessively busy, I always make sure to touch him and talk to him.

Try the shirt method first and pet him every once in a while, maybe even give him wax worms after you pet him to show him that you're an ok human to allow to hold and touch him. I did all this with my Simon and he became the biggest momma's boy I could ever imagine.

ColorMeAbby

Original Poster
I did the t shirt when I first got him
He's doing good now
No biting me
But it's generally random acts of violence against me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom