LG ~ The Handi-Capable Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
AngelicCacophony":4mvu9730 said:
Jason, let me first say you and LG are an inspiration to me. Your story is so beautiful. I know if LG could talk, she'd thank you and tell you she loves you.
Second, she may just still be wiped out from laying her eggs, and could be depressed because of it. I don't care what some say, these little ones do have feelings. And they know when you're hurting.
About a week ago, I was on the verge of attempting suicide. My beardie crawled up on me and nuzzled in. I let her there for a while, as a way of saying goodbye. When I tried to get her off of me to "do the deed" to myself, she wouldn't let go. She knew what I was feeling and wanted to tell me she loved me.
It could be that with everything that's gone on, she's just not herself because of it. The best thing you can do is try and get her to a vet and see if there's anything they can detect. She may have caught a parasite or infection of some type from the crickets or other foods. You never know about these things. I'm saying a prayer for you and LG, that you get it all straightened out and everything turns out fine for you. :love5: :love5: :love5:

Jason, I agree with AngelicCacophony in that you have been an inspiration to us all...........All that you've done for LG is remarkable, and she's fortunate to have had you early on, with all the medical care and love you gave her, I pray that she'll keep getting stronger with your continual care.

AngelicCacophony......I just wanted to encourage you to stay strong......alot of us here on this site have gone through tremendous loss, grief, and heartache, yet we all have each other, to uplift and help us to press forward. I'm glad your little beardie nuzzled up to you in your time of need, I don't think it was a by "chance", as I know you didn't either. So we are all here for you, like your beardies are as well......... WELCOME TO BD.ORG, it's a great site with alot of support, keep in touch!

gogga

Juvie Member
Hi Jason,

I just read this entire thread and it is truely inspirational.
Sorry about all the hardships you had to go through especially regarding your Dads passing.

Any updates ?????

mrTim

truelly amazing, if you still need a bigger aquarium for ur dragon pm me and ill give you a 40 gal. i live in so call as well

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Just wanted to leave a short update;

My grandma passed away recently so I have been kind of depressed.

LG is still very lethargic. I am wondering if she is going into brumation. If so, there is no way she has enough body fat.

I have been giving her water and food whenever she will take it; Usually water a few times a day and food a few times a week...

I will try to take some pictures and upload them to photobucket after work tonight. If shes in her cave then tomorrow...

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thanks for the update Jason, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope you feel better soon.

Almost every beardie I've read about or heard about are slowing down, even if they live in a warmer climate. If you're worried about LG over the winter, just keep getting her up to drink water and eat. Not all of our dragons are eating right now, they're almost all sleeping...I hate brumation, you're never quite sure if you're handling the hydration, but I've found after a few winters, that hydration is the key. That way she can sleep alot but still get nutrition. You can only take it day by day.

Take care,
Deb

gogga

Juvie Member
Thanx for the update Jason.

Im so sorry about your Grandma. Hope the pain goes away really soon and only the good memories remain.

Looking forward to seeing those pics of LG. When youre ready.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Jason- My heart goes out to you. There has been so much pain in your life reciently. :( Try to remember, steel tempered by the fire comes out stronger. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sandy h

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Ah Jason... *hugs the darling young man warmly*
My sincerest condolences on your loss.
Now, drink a glass of orange juice, and give us a strong smile.....

Now onto LG.. a girl huh ? Congrates on your baby girl...

All mine are currently down, Annebelle and Gem went down last week, Orion and Yard monster went down 7 weeks ago...
Tis the season, love... If she has a clean fecal, then I'd let nature take it's course...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom