lego's safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

gini

Sub-Adult Member
I was gonna check this evening to see if anyone had any luck. My son, Elly, and I did build a kind of cave. It has tiles on the top for basking and steps up one side. I will take pics later to show ya.

gini

Sub-Adult Member
Okay, here's a couple of our quick cave with lego's. We used a hot glue gun to keep the tiles secure.
100_8874.jpg

100_8875.jpg

Elly insisted on putting socks that were too small for her inside, Alex doesn't seem to mind them... :D

smoke1

I dont think that hot glue is a good idea. It might melt or get hot enought to give off some fumes. Great idea, but I would try using another type of glue.

cadjockey

Hot glue (crafter's glue) is non toxic and is usually labelled as such...there shouldn't be any fumes. We are not talking model glue. Besides, the amount required is minimal for a small lego block - a dab or size of an earring stud should do. I would advise making sure there is no glue 'strings' for the glue to spread onto other items in the viv.

gini

Sub-Adult Member
I read on here someone else that used hot glue and thought it would be okay... I did make sure there was no stringy glue hanging off anywhere.

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
nothing yet. I have plans in the works though. it'll probably be a while before I can get enough legos. but i have plans drawn up, and will scan them in pretty soon to post a pic on this thread. i'll let ya know :)

gandhi

Hatchling Member
Just to say that I have used a hot glue gun to glue a bridge a few months ago and had no problems :D

LJean

Extreme Poster
What a great idea!! I may have to hit some yard sales and see if I can pick up some legos.

jcurrie76

Original Poster
I finally got all the legos together so now i can start building one for our guy. thank you for the picture , I think i will put it all together first than take it apart little by little and glue it since i am prettymuch a pain when it comes to designs and things.

gini

Sub-Adult Member
Well I'm sure there could be a lot better ones built, but we were working with a 4 yr old that knew exactly how it needed to be built. It's her beardie, so she knows what best for him!!!! :? I was lucky to talk her into the tile top.... :wink:

tupac105

I'm sorry but this has to be said. You know what the best thing about this project is. We all know that there is a bunch of full grown adults playing with lego again. lol BEST TOY EVER MADE

gini

Sub-Adult Member
I have to agree. When I read this post I got so excited as when my son was little that's all he did. We have a huge footlocker full. I could never bring myself to get rid of them as I knew someone would use them again. Now we have Elly and she plays with them all the time, which means dad, her brother, and I play with them. Now we have found another great use for them. Besides Lego's never go out of style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom