Learning How to Draw Beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
ComicBookMama":1omjekiw said:
saraho":1omjekiw said:
I like it! How did you draw it? I have always drawn on paper, but my coworker has a tablet that allows you to attach paper to it and you get both paper and digital. I should do my next Charlie drawing that way. Its frustrating to try to draw, scan and then attempt to edit my art since my work computer doesn't have the software I need for the job.

Thanks! I do draw on paper sometimes, but lately I've been using my iPad and an app called SketchClub; it's not the fanciest or the most intuitive for serious artists (which I'm not) but it allows me to do layers, which is essential for the way I draw. And since I'm drawing using a stylus, it lets me adjust the line thickness manually... that's the cludgiest thing about drawing on an iPad, really; no pressure sensitivity. My sister-in-law, who trained to be a graphic designer, uses a tablet - but I erase so much that using one would be agony! :)
If you have a slightly new-er IPad (IOS 10/11 or later), then I’d 100% recommend trying the procreate app if you’re interested in digital art.

It’s what I use with my IPad Pro and it’s by far the best drawing app out there. The cheaper version that’s also pretty good is Ibis paint X, that’s where I started out on. Procreate has an excellent layering system too, once you get the hang of it it’s just like drawing on normal paper. :)

This is one drawing I did with procreate: View media item 60386

saraho

Hatchling Member
I haven't looked at this thread in awhile! Everyone here is so talented! Not sure if you guys saw, but I painted a mural for Charlie's terrarium last week.
108942-3458569478.jpg

I love the clouds and Uluru a lot! I struggled with the ground because I didn't have the right colors and limited ones to mix. I think I'll do another (I recycled a banner and have enough for 3 more) and purchase the correct colors next time.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Wow! Just noticed this thread was active again, and we've got some VERY talented artists around this forum! Thanks for posting... they really brightened my day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom