EMERGENCY! (Heating issues!)

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello everyone it’s been a while. But I have a bit of an emergency, I think anyways! I moved into a new house six months ago and this has never happened until right now. I was doing my nightly check of my guys heat emitter to make sure it was on, and I always give it a quick poke. Well tonight as soon as I touched it, it blew the breaker to my whole house, I tried every outlet and for whatever reason I cannot get it plugged in anymore it just keeps blowing. I have the heat in my house up to 70 Fahrenheit and I have a blanket on top of his cage. I assume it’s something wrong with my breaker? Not an electrician so I have no idea But until I can get some help how long is he able to go like this?

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
If it constantly trips the breaker the problem is in the device (the heater), not in the breaker.

Please do not try to plug in that heater anymore, it is dangerous! The breaker tripping when you touched it has saved you from an electric shock!

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
If it constantly trips the breaker the problem is in the device (the heater), not in the breaker.

Please do not try to plug in that heater anymore, it is dangerous! The breaker tripping when you touched it has saved you from an electric shock!
So I have to get a new lamp?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Heat emitters have a nasty habit of burning up the socket in the dome. When you replace it, replace the pair. Make sure the dome it rated for a heat emitter and had a ceramic base.
70 at night in the room is not going to harm your beardie but I wouldn't let it get much cooler than that.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, I agree. I am not an electrician either, but that is
going to be your ceramic heat emitter & not the breaker.
Are you able to have a basking light on him during the
daytime?

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom