Late spring fever = dieting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Kuma has been running around in his cage glass surfing and all for about 3 days.... In this process he also seems to be ignoring his crickets and kollards.... I don't get it.

Is this normal? Will his apetite return to normal?

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh ****, i just remembered :shock:

The other day, my pops was outside working on the front door, had it open. A fly got in the house and I had Kumas top off the cage.. I come in the room n see the fly, flying around inside his cage and he was trying to eat it out of the air any chance he could. Before i could try n get the fly out, it landed on something in his tank n snatched it up and ate it...... :lol: :?

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I really dont get it. This dude went from attacking the cricket prongs before i could even drop them to acting like it doesnt exist....He doesnt even really eat his collards much....

All he does is run back and forth and glass dance... Im thinking it has something to do with his humidity percentage... I have no AC in the house right now, we're in the process of getting the Central AC unit fixed.....humidity is at 54% im concerned but can't really do much until the AC is fixed.... :?

Otherwise maybe he's fasting?

All he does is window/run/glass/dance into his Desert wallpaper :lol:

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Uh... ok let's try a different approach, does humidity affect their apetite? :?:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
You could try and change feeders. Maybe he'd tired of what you've been feeding him and wants a change. What uvb are you using and how old is it? I've noticed that Goldie's appetite diminished when her reptisun 10 tube had been in use for 4.5 months (+/-). That could be another cause. Then some beardies decide they don't want to eat crickets anymore. Rosie did that.

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I only noticed a decline in his apetite when he became rediculously active for about a week. Like literally more concerned with glass dancing/running back n forth etc... he wouldn't take notice to anything... He's been slowly coming back around now in the last 2 days though. One thing is for sure. He almost has a fit when he sees dusted crickets... He'll chase them down relentlessly.

I just got my central AC fixed since it "broke" 2 years ago. Who knew it was just the capacitor and that it would cost $30 lol.... Now im not concerned with humidity any longer and Kuma and I can function in peace. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom