Lag problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissChelly

Anyone else having lag problems on here? Either the site takes forever to load lately or else it shows it's temporarily not responding... I even asked my friend to check on his computer and it lagged there too. :\

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Havent had any lags here Chell.
Your in TX now????
Man I need to pay more attention.
Still in the military??? Ect ect ect?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Tom and Lance, that would be Michelle(chellybeans) and she has not been here since last month. Last I heard she was in the process of moving to Little Rock and has been busy with her job. As far as I know she is no longer in the military.

Back to the OP's post... Yes, I have been experiencing alot of lag time as well. The site has been running really slow for me and a few others that I have spoke with.

Alex... if you happen to stumble upon this thread, have you had any other complaints about the site running slow?

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
For some it depends on the time of day (i.e. 11:30 PM to 3 AM PDT is heavy maintenance stuff [backups, etc.]). But we have been under some heavier load lately as well. The last couple days should have been better than Sunday-Monday. During those times there was REALLY ugly load, but it was while I was doing some more tuning to minimize the impact heavier use of the site has, and allow for quicker recovery. Some slowness may even be related to that tuning. If so, while it does make it slower, it allows the server to recover much quicker when it gets bogged down. But I'll see what I can do.

I am also planning to upgrade the site to a new server soon, that will help a LOT in that regard (much more memory and faster processor). But that may be a month or two away.

-Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom