Lady in white eyeing me

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Shedding is normal, no pain involved but possibly an itchy feeling at times. Good thing our little buddies are equipped to deal with a little itchiness by means of their long back legs and the decor in their tank. :)
I also didn’t notice any changes in Foxy’s behavior during shedding. But on the forum they often write that dragons can be in a bad mood due to shedding, some become grumpy and lose their appetite. Do you think these were random coincidences?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Lilly being gorgeous as usual 😍
I had Zsa Zsa in the cricket keeper I brought her home in last night. She ran around in it that day, now she is almost as long as it. It's crazy how fast they grow.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I also didn’t notice any changes in Foxy’s behavior during shedding. But on the forum they often write that dragons can be in a bad mood due to shedding, some become grumpy and lose their appetite. Do you think these were random coincidences?
I never notice much difference with my beardies.

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Mine both seem to be a little lazy and don't run around as much when they shed. Until it's coming off that is.
The lower appetite may just be due to her growing up and her size, three times a day might be quite a lot for her now.

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Lilly being gorgeous as usual 😍
I had Zsa Zsa in the cricket keeper I brought her home in last night. She ran around in it that day, now she is almost as long as it. It's crazy how fast they grow.
Yeah it's crazy and we like to have them babys for ever but it's also so good to see them grow at the same time.... ;)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Yeah it's crazy and we like to have them babys for ever but it's also so good to see them grow at the same time.... ;)
Yes indeed. The growing up just is kindda sad, we don't get much time with them as babies (relatively speaking) and it goes by SO fast. Personally I like having hatchlings around.

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Personally I like having hatchlings around.
I also love them (I'm always looking at the babies in the reptile store here, espeeeecially when they got them just the day before), but honestly, I was always looking forward for my Taco to grow up.
To the time when he's big enough so hang out with me, to the time the harness fits, and so on.
I remember when I came home with Taco, 3 months, that I hoped that this lizard-like Taco will grow up to a big, healthy guy. Sounds silly as chances were super high (healthy, not neglected little guy from a responsible pet store, and I made the setup according to what is recommended here), and me not a first-time herp owner, but a first-time beardie-owner... how relieved was I when on day 2 I saw him nibbling on a plant, and when I was sure the bugs really disappeared into his stomach and not somewhere else, and then, he was growing :D

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I also love them (I'm always looking at the babies in the reptile store here, espeeeecially when they got them just the day before), but honestly, I was always looking forward for my Taco to grow up.
To the time when he's big enough so hang out with me, to the time the harness fits, and so on.
I remember when I came home with Taco, 3 months, that I hoped that this lizard-like Taco will grow up to a big, healthy guy. Sounds silly as chances were super high (healthy, not neglected little guy from a responsible pet store, and I made the setup according to what is recommended here), and me not a first-time herp owner, but a first-time beardie-owner... how relieved was I when on day 2 I saw him nibbling on a plant, and when I was sure the bugs really disappeared into his stomach and not somewhere else, and then, he was growing :D
Oh I love seeing grow, but we get the shortest amount of time with them as hatchlings so I reccomend enjoy every single minute of it!!!

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Oh I love seeing grow, but we get the shortest amount of time with them as hatchlings so I reccomend enjoy every single minute of it!!!
There might be a solution for this. But we'll end up needing quite a bit more space....and time....and money of course ;)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
There might be a solution for this. But we'll end up needing quite a bit more space....and time....and money of course ;)
I'm all in lol.
Unfortunately for me Zsa Zsa's face is already starting to look like the adults. Not going to have the baby face much longer 😔

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom