Lady in white eyeing me

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Lilly is looking kind of funny/cute in her white dress. I kind off wish she'd take it off though, it's been almost a week now ;)
IMG_20240520_175229.jpg
IMG_20240520_175630.jpg

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
This white outfit probably bothers Lilith a lot.
How are things going with her? Does she have a good appetite?

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Looks interesting - almost a full-body shed. (My Taco never did so, always approx. 1/4 of his body.)
Thanks for sharing photos, I always love looking at beardie photos, especially with Taco currently "out of service" ;)

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
It probably does. She has been eating a little less the last couple of days but didn't go off food completely. She is pretty much back to normal right now but I'll continue feeding her three times a day for one extra week before getting down to twice a day.
I have been trying to feed her a little less recently but she still went from 25g to 35g in one week with just six bugs a day. This shows just how much more important the quality of the food is compared to the quantity!

Looks interesting - almost a full-body shed. (My Taco never did so, always approx. 1/4 of his body.)
Thanks for sharing photos, I always love looking at beardie photos, especially with Taco currently "out of service" ;)
That is surprising to me too, especially since her body did just shed last week but she went from 12g to 35g in less than a month. Her tail is getting pale already but her arms seem to have started shedding off but maybe I'll get a whole white picture off her.
My boy doesn't ether, he's more like this week is left cheek. Next week is right toes except the middle one. The week after....anyway, he is shedding in really small patches ;)

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
She now looks to be approx. the size or even a tiny bit larger than Taco was when I brought him home.
He was also growing like crazy - have pictures only, but no weight and the size only approx. (taking photo, later on measuring where he sat). Funniest picture from that time is when he was pancaking and looked very serious about it, like "hey, watch me, I can do the pancaking stuff!"; your first picture here reminds me of that.

Attachments

• smallbasker.jpg
    smallbasker.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 28

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Oh, you made me nostalgic.
I will also share a photo. This is where Foxy sheds for the first time (in his new home), I was very worried about how he would cope with this and took a photo. In the picture you can still see the cross that the breeder left.

Attachments

• IMG-78a87f1afc9245b5a9a81cab91ca8d77-V.jpg
    IMG-78a87f1afc9245b5a9a81cab91ca8d77-V.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 23

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
She now looks to be approx. the size or even a tiny bit larger than Taco was when I brought him home.
He was also growing like crazy - have pictures only, but no weight and the size only approx. (taking photo, later on measuring where he sat). Funniest picture from that time is when he was pancaking and looked very serious about it, like "hey, watch me, I can do the pancaking stuff!"; your first picture here reminds me of that.
That is a wonderful picture of Taco. Those natural colors are looking really great on him.

She has already grown so much compared to when I took her home. She was sooo tiny at two months old:
IMG_20240419_161148.jpg

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Oh, you made me nostalgic.
I will also share a photo. This is where Foxy sheds for the first time (in his new home), I was very worried about how he would cope with this and took a photo. In the picture you can still see the cross that the breeder left.
Awww he's like "why is he looking at me like this. Is something wrong?!" ;)
How old was he back there?

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
That is a wonderful picture of Taco. Those natural colors are looking really great on him.
He has changed colors a lot. Looks almost like a different dragon - he was chocolate brown with grey when I got him, for a long time he stayed with the colors of that branch and at about 6 month transited more to the colors of the climbing area with ochre, white and purple markings until achieving a very close match. Chocolate/ dark brown is completely gone, not a bit left of that.

At 2 months: That's really tiny! I have seen that small ones regularly at the reptile store here. (The 2 month old ones always remind me of a newt.) Mine was the last one from his clutch, and a month can make a huge difference at that age.
I also have a photo from when I took him home, attached. He was clinging to the wall of the cardboard box for about an hour. (Before, on the way home, he was fighting like crazy in that box, scratched the walls.)

Attachments

• gotchaday.jpg
    gotchaday.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 24

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Awww he's like "why is he looking at me like this. Is something wrong?!" ;)
How old was he back there?
Foxy is 3 months old in that photo.
When he was little dragon, he was red and white, which is clearly visible in the photo. After 2-3 sheds, the white color turned to yellow and Foxy became bright orange, as befits all foxes. :D

Chris.

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
He has changed colors a lot. Looks almost like a different dragon - he was chocolate brown with grey when I got him, for a long time he stayed with the colors of that branch and at about 6 month transited more to the colors of the climbing area with ochre, white and purple markings until achieving a very close match. Chocolate/ dark brown is completely gone, not a bit left of that.

At 2 months: That's really tiny! I have seen that small ones regularly at the reptile store here. (The 2 month old ones always remind me of a newt.) Mine was the last one from his clutch, and a month can make a huge difference at that age.
I also have a photo from when I took him home, attached. He was clinging to the wall of the cardboard box for about an hour. (Before, on the way home, he was fighting like crazy in that box, scratched the walls.)
That is adorable. He's a little fighter, trying not to get kidnaped :)
Colors are something interesting. Luis was this light orange when I took him home and he's more dark red now.
Lilly is also bright orange but with more white in it.

Foxy is 3 months old in that photo.
When he was little dragon, he was red and white, which is clearly visible in the photo. After 2-3 sheds, the white color turned to yellow and Foxy became bright orange, as befits all foxes. :D
Ahh, I thought that white might have even been pieces of shed but he dropped the white stripes. More red/orange is always a good look on a dragon.
Oh wow, so he was the same age Lilith is now, he looks just massive :)

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
That is adorable. He's a little fighter, trying not to get kidnaped
Oh boy, when I put him in his carrier the first time...
I had left the carrier standing next to the enclosure intentionally for a while - as generally recommended with pets, let recognize as something that's just there. Hoped that helps.
Then the day weighing him for the first time: Carrier on the table, Taco out of the enclosure - Taco calm, eyeing the carrier. Me coming closer with him to the carrier - no problem. Lifting Taco slightly down into the carrier - he scratched me up with his hind legs (it was really bleeding), a bit of shed from his back was flying away, I put him in, closed and locked the carrier... He scratched the carrier but then calmed down. I put him on a scale (270 g Taco without carrier... okay, 270 g can fight quite a bit).
The next time, the carrier wasn't an issue anymore.
(I'm pretty sure he associated being put in the carrier with when he was brought home and when he was shipped/ transported from the breeder to the reptile store, and he feared putting him in the carrier means he has to leave. As the latter was obviously not the case, the next time he was fine with it. Shows IMHO also how aware they are.)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Shedding is normal, no pain involved but possibly an itchy feeling at times. Good thing our little buddies are equipped to deal with a little itchiness by means of their long back legs and the decor in their tank. :)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom