Kiera -- pics update-again-9/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to work hard at doing better with posting updates here about Kiera than I did with Puff's thread. I just had thought I would have a good long time to update Puff's thread, and I have since learned otherwise, so I will try to be better about posting here, cuz' I want to share Kiera's life with everybeardie and everybody. It seems like my friends and coworkers don't get quite as excited about my beardie stories and pics as everyone here does :?
So...without further ado...here are some pics of Kiera just being darn cute this evening...

boodabelly.jpg

boodadog.jpg

pancakebelly.jpg

Today was my first day back to work since bringing her home, and I thought about her all day long. I had my daughter stop in to check on her to make sure her temps and her lights were ok. I left her 4 phoenix worms in her dish this morning to eat when she was ready, and she ate them all, and then this evening when I got home from work she ate another 10 crickets. I am so relieved that she is eating well. She also takes drops of water off of my finger!! Seems like she is settling in well!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi my sweet Kiera, that was a pretty picture you sent me. I've been asleep since I got home from our date, the weather, I thinks. I had such a wonderful time, we'll have to get together again whenever you want. You are so beautiful, my sweeti Kiera. Let me know when you're free again & I'll be over in a flash!
Your Rubio :D

Cindy, Kiera is sure growing up fast. It's so nice to see a dragon eating their salad. Our crew are so spoiled, especially with Roger home every day, they're all hand fed!

Hugs to you and Kiera,
Deb

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok--so I guess I am on a picture taking kick these days--here are a few more new pics of my girl. She just went through another shed, and her color is just so vivid and bright. Everytime I walk by her, it seems like I am getting out the camera yet again!! LOL!!!
Just weighed her today--she is now 340 grams, and to get an idea of her length...the "bed" she is lounging on is 9 inches long. She is roughly 15 inches long. She doesn't like the tape measure, so have to hold it above her a little bit and get a good guesstimate.
She is still eating turkistan roaches, and eats about 50 every other day, and now enjoys her salads with relish every day.
She is thriving, thanks to everything I learned her from all of the collective knowledge here at BD.org. And while I don't get on here as much as I used to, I think of you all here, and am grateful for all of you who take time to share what you know. The main thing I learned from this site is that you can't just buy a baby dragon and put it in an aquarium, and expect that it will grow into the beautiful creature that Kiera has become. It does take a little learning, time and effort...but the rewards are amazing!! Kiera has such a peaceful, gentle soul and I love her so much!!!! When I am holding her, she will nudge my cheek with her nose until I softly rub her cheeks, and if I stop rubbing, she will nudge me again until I start again!!
So....here are some pics I took today....

Lounge Lizard....

100_4128_2661.jpg

Look at that chin!!!!!

100_4129_2662.jpg

My gentle, happy girl....

100_4132_2665.jpg

More Smiles...

100_4142_2675.jpg

Sitting on mom's leg

100_4145_2678.jpg

100_4147_2680.jpg

Close up....

100_4148_2681.jpg

Showing off my color...

100_4149_2682.jpg

I iz an edumacated gurl...

100_4151_2684.jpg

(Rubio--this is me Kiera--taking over the computer... Maybe if you are awake this weekend, you could come and we could go to the apple orchard...It would be fun!!! We can pick our own apples and feed slices of them to each other. They have this really wonderful maze too with lots of stuff to look at, and you could hold my hand as we walk through the maze!!! What do you think? Oh--and I can bring my NOOK reader, and read poems to you while we lounge under the apple trees!!!
Hugs from your girl--Kiera)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
(Hey Kiera, it's Rubio, I guess I can hear you when I'm sleeping. I just took over the computer, it's moms typing but it's me speaking. I can't wait to got this apple orchard, it sounds like a good time, do I bring food? I'm going back to sleep so I'll have alot of energy to walk around the orchard with me, I'll leave early Sat am. Is that ok? I can't wait to see you again :D :D :D, dating you is always fun!!! :D :D )

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
beardie parents":1g3ymwap said:
Those pics of Kiera are wonderful. She's getting soo big.

BTW: You have a nook! I'm wondering what you think of it?

I absolutely love my NOOK!! I would highly recommend one to anybody who asks!!! I love the fact that I am able to check out digital books from my local library on it. You can't do that with a Kindle. So that was the original reason I chose my Nook over Kindle. But after the purchase, I can only say I have grown to really enjoy it and am very satisfied with my choice!!!
If you have any specific questions about the device--just pm me!! :D

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
beardie parents":14loqmde said:
Those pics of Kiera are wonderful. She's getting soo big.

BTW: You have a nook! I'm wondering what you think of it?

I absolutely love my NOOK!! I would highly recommend one to anybody who asks!!! I love the fact that I am able to check out digital books from my local library on it. You can't do that with a Kindle. So that was the original reason I chose my Nook over Kindle. But after the purchase, I can only say I have grown to really enjoy it and am very satisfied with my choice!!!
If you have any specific questions about the device--just pm me!! :D

fez09

Extreme Poster
Hi Cindy! Kiera is stunning! And she's the picture of health! I'm glad that you updated us, I always keep an eye out for your thread. Kiera definately has a special place in my heart!

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
fez09":3vvoovfo said:
Hi Cindy! Kiera is stunning! And she's the picture of health! I'm glad that you updated us, I always keep an eye out for your thread. Kiera definately has a special place in my heart!

awwwwww! thanks Katrina!!!!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I look for updates to this thread also as I remember Puff and how sad his health was. It showed me how sometimes you can do every thing correctly and still, in Puff's case, you can still loose them. That happened with Redrock, we lost her 2 years and 19 days ago today. We did everything right (after we found this site that is) and still lost her 3 months after her 2nd birthday, which was about 2 weeks short of her 2nd anniversary with us.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Cindy,

How have you been? It's been awhile since I caught up with you. And I wanted to say hi to pretty Kiera. Let her know Rubio's sound asleep & has been since their last date :D He'll wake up soon & let her know.

Everyone's asleep here, so I get time on the computer and got a wash done. It's very quiet when they're not up and it's more and more often that they're all asleep. Brumation has hit our house. Lonzo's the only one who gets up almost every day & looks for his "bobbing buddies", Leo and Didi and Rubio. It's funny watching him check the other dark tanks.

Talk to you soon,
Deb

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Cindy and Kiera, how are you both? Haven't heard for a few weeks, thought I'd say hi!

Talk to you soon,
Deb

Rubio says hi, but he's only up for a couple of hours on the weekend, asleep the rest of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom