Kazi - RIP my special Wee monkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
MissT":f0838 said:
He wriggled!! For the first time since last Thursday!! He got a cuddle tonight and went to sleep with a little darkness to his beard and tail. When we checked on him about 45 mins later, he was yellow with a white beard and normal tail AND, he had wriggled into his sleeping position (front legs behind him, back feet tucked up against his tail and his nose as tight into the corner as he can get it!!) I was so glad to see he got himself comfy!!
Congrats on the "beardie-wriggle" :blob5: :blob8: It's the famous beardie sleeping position and I LOVE it! :D

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Thanks for posting the pics Miss T
He looks pretty good although his fat pads do look a tad sunken but other then that he doesnt appear to be in critical distress which is good.Funny he is all black bearded but yet he still showing great color otherwise and his eyes look pretty bright to me.If I didnt know any better I would have sworn he was just a regular boy who caught a glimpse of a gal :wink: BTW on the fecal yes you can use it from the bath if you get it out quickly enough.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hes doesnt look half as bad in those pics as he did on Friday night!! Hes always very bright when his beard is black... on Friday tho, his whole body was almost white with the black beard and tail. He is slowly making progress... but I am concerned that he hasnt had a proper poop yet - with all that critical care, hes bound to be ready for a poop. How long should I let it go before worrying about it?

T

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well Kazi just had his dinner.... and he bobbed at me the whole way through it!! He must be startin to feel much better!! So far, we havent had a black tail today but he did black beard when he caught a glimpse of Phoebe! hehe!!

I was doing some research online and read about something called Hydro-life.... its made by T-rex and seems to be something similar to the reptoboost but with a much quicker effect - do you think I should try that with him? Heres a link http://www.reptile-food-direct.co.uk/acatalog/T_Rex_Liquid_Supplements.html

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well its just coming up to 1.30am here. Kazi has been in bed for 4 hours and his beard and tail have gone dark now. He doesnt seem to be in a deep sleep either - when my fiance peaked in, Kazi opened his eyes to look at him. When he touches him his body does a strange little wriggle. We dont know whether to get him up and give him a bath or whether to just leave him be - hes behaving a little similare to Thursday night - when he got up needing a poop.... O I don't know what to do!!!!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Go with your gut is the best advice I can give you.We cant see him but you are his mommy and know what to do.Do you think he wont rest without one?If yes then do it.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Im going to give him 5 mins to see if he settles - if not, im going to give him a bath. I hate getting him up so late but I would never forgive myself if something happened to him!

Thanks Vicky!

T

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well he didnt settle. Its now almost 2 am and Kazi is sitting in the bath. He feels bloated (as he has done, on and off, over the last day or so) and when I rub his tummy, he seems to tense up. I honestly believe he needs a poop but just dont know how to get it out of there! His beard has gone greyer than it was but Im still worried. Do we just leave him in there until he poops? Or should we give him 20 mins and if he settles put him back to bed?

Edit -apologies to all moderators, I think I just accidentally reported this post :s

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
MissT":27de6 said:
Well he didnt settle. Its now almost 2 am and Kazi is sitting in the bath. He feels bloated (as he has done, on and off, over the last day or so) and when I rub his tummy, he seems to tense up. I honestly believe he needs a poop but just dont know how to get it out of there! His beard has gone greyer than it was but Im still worried. Do we just leave him in there until he poops? Or should we give him 20 mins and if he settles put him back to bed?

Edit -apologies to all moderators, I think I just accidentally reported this post :s
Did I amready aske you if the vet tested his liver and kidney function?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
The vet wanted to work on his hydration first before starting with other tests so no, as yet this hasnt been checked :( His beard has now gone black again.... do you think we should keep him in there til he goes?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
No try massagin the area and if he doesnt go soon put him to bed.The reason why I am asking about the labs is because if his kidney or liver isnt functioning properly that could explain the bloating as well as the pooping issue/When is his next vet visit?

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Sometimes when Lilly isn't pooping I will put her on my hand and give her a "ride" around the bath tub. A lot of the time, for whatever reason, this will stimulate a BM. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom