Kazi - RIP my special Wee monkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Well lets go with Tracie's opinion since she seems confident about it.I am unfamiliar with the reptoboost so I was concerned he may have been having a bit of reaction to it but as Tracie is familiar with it then I guess its fine.The critical care is fine also I have never seen any issues from that product.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
vickson420":1a99a said:
Well lets go with Tracie's opinion since she seems confident about it.I am unfamiliar with the reptoboost so I was concerned he may have been having a bit of reaction to it but as Tracie is familiar with it then I guess its fine.The critical care is fine also I have never seen any issues from that product.

No problem Vicky... it is a little annoying that the products over here arent the same as over there - would cause so much less confusion!!

Tracie, his fat pads had begun to rise a little yesterday but they arent how they should be yet. Hes still asleep at the moment but he was a lot more comfortable last night that he has been and he still looks comfortable which is good - he gets up in an hour (when Im at work) so I will post an update when I get home. On Friday night, I honestly didnt think he would see the morning, poor little man!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well, Kazi's day has been a little better again today. I finished work and rushed down to see him and get updated on his day! He has, for the most part, been in pretty good spirits today, hes been more active and has been moving around his viv a lot more. He has also even found the energy to bob! He had a pretty black beard when I got home - right down his chest and his tail was a little dark but overall, he has been bright and calm. He is still dehydrated tho... the fat pads at the back of his head are, slowly, rising but those above his eyes are still flat. Should we try bathing him for longer periods of time? He took 2 ml of critical care this morning and 3 this afternoon. Hopefully he will take a little more this evening and perhaps have a poop. He is still a little bloated at times which does worry me - I guess he is pretty full! Will be uploading some pics soon....

T

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is Kazi doing today?
I hope that his hydration status comes up more, I get concerned about that. Continue to push the oral fluids with him, just spread out throughout the day.
The Avipro is a great probiotic but as with anything else, extra fluids should be given with it. The combination of the critical care & Avipro will be helpful for him.

Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Tracie, I got some pics of him this afternoon, during his little 'off' period! He seems to have snapped out of it now.... im glad his activity levels are up tho! How long should I give him to get these hydration levels up? He was extremely dehydrated on Friday evening - to the point that his head was literally just bones - not a single water/fat pad in sight!

Anyway, here are some of the pics, I hope they are helpful...

DSCF1104.jpg

DSCF1103.jpg

DSCF1102.jpg

DSCF1108.jpg

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
and some more...

DSCF1110.jpg

DSCF1111.jpg

DSCF1113.jpg

DSCF1112.jpg

And his tail after lunch this afternoon...

DSCF1114.jpg

And one for comparison....
DSCF0953.jpg

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
He looks pretty good to me - of course that could be saying mine don't look good. :(

Could his tail be getting ready to shed? Does it ever go back to 'normal'?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Aw Sunkist, im sure yours look great!!!

It does go back to normal - it seems as tho when anyone fusses over him he gets a black beard accompanied by the darkness to his tail for about 30 mins to an hour. His tail was much worse on Friday night.

If you look very closely at the shots of the top of his head, you will notice the little indentations above his eyes and from the side shots, the back of his head looks flatter than it is in that last pic I added.... it is hard to spot but if you know where to look you will notice them.

T

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Is it ok to send off a fecal from the bath guys? He hasnt had a poop yet but I think, when he does, it will be in the bath. Is it best to scoop up the whole poop to put in the jar or will just a part of it be sufficient? Iv usually always taken the whole poop in to the vet but thats when it was done in his viv so im curious about this.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
I'm not sure if a poop from the water is good,I have always wondered the same thing :?
Im glad to hear Kazi is doing better and he looks so handsome in those pics :D I see his fat pads are still a little flat but at least they arent sunkin in! :D From the pics of his tail I see that it's kinda dark, but it's weird because Jojo's tail is always like that :?
So I guess you got a new memory card for your camera? :D

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
puppytoes72":8b7dd said:
So I guess you got a new memory card for your camera?

Not quite - i thought I really should get some pics of him so I deleted some of Phoebe to get these. I didnt get any of her yet!

He just had another bath just now and again, his beard and tail went dark... he used to love the bath, I dont know whats up with him!!

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
MissT":bd714 said:
puppytoes72":bd714 said:
So I guess you got a new memory card for your camera?

Not quite - i thought I really should get some pics of him so I deleted some of Phoebe to get these. I didnt get any of her yet!

He just had another bath just now and again, his beard and tail went dark... he used to love the bath, I dont know whats up with him!!
Maybe he was just adjusting to the water temp and that's why he turned dark :?:

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I guess thats a possibility - I never really thought of that. Hes just gone to bed. His beard and tail turned a little dark (not black) when he was having his snuggles so I guess hes not too comfy tonight - yet again, im panicking! Im kind of worried about his bloated tummy as well... Im going to try to get through to the vet tomoro and see how long he thinks I should be waiting for a poop!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He wriggled!! For the first time since last Thursday!! He got a cuddle tonight and went to sleep with a little darkness to his beard and tail. When we checked on him about 45 mins later, he was yellow with a white beard and normal tail AND, he had wriggled into his sleeping position (front legs behind him, back feet tucked up against his tail and his nose as tight into the corner as he can get it!!) I was so glad to see he got himself comfy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom