Kazi - RIP my special Wee monkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I've had 2 experiences with panacur. A knowledgeable herp vet perscribed panacur for Redrock when she was a couple of months over 1 year old. He had me give the dosages to her once a week. An unknwledgeable vet had me give the dosages every day, this was for Goldie (speedy) when she had been diagnosed with pinworms. That is just my experience with panacur. I hope that gives you some thoughts on how to deal with it.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Gina, that would make sense if it was - I will call the surgery today and hopefully someone will be able to tell me.

Vicky, he just had that one dose - 2.5ml, a week ago. So the wet wants to wait another 2 weeks before administering another dose. I was thinking of getting the panacur and treating myself but I am concerned about overmedicating!

Thanks for sharing that, Lori, that makes me feel a little better about waiting between doses! I just always thought people seemed to be giving something like .1cc every day for x days so I worried I wasnt doing enough for him!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well, my little monster had ANOTHER poop today!!! Thats 4 poops in 1 week!! I am still quite shocked by this!! Its sooooo good to see him eating and pooping again!! Today he even went to the cool side of his viv for an hour - thats the first he has went there by himself - he has been tending to stay in the area immediately surrounding his basking rock! And he went to sleep hidden behind his big rock on the cool side - he hasnt slept there since he was little but he looks super comfy and had a nice big wiggle!! Woo and yay!! :blob5:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great that he's pooping much better and that wiggle is always great to see. :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great that Kazi is doing better today! :blob8: I hope that he keeps on improving for you.
It is always a good idea to space out the dosage of the Panacur to once weekly. Although it is somewhat hard to overdose with Panacur, it is still a drug so caution should still be used.

Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
No problem.... I will try to get some panacur ordered over the weekend - although with the holidays it could be difficult to get any. Should I order the paste or the liquid/oral suspension - I know I can get the 10% oral suspension in apple and cinnamon flavour at the local equine stores but im not sure if he would take that!

Anyway.... I was just looking at a website for horse wormers and I have figured out what the parasite is - it is a tapeworm of the species anoplocephala. If I was treating a horse for this, I would want to use equitape which is A white paste containing: 90.0mg/g praziquantel Ph.Eur as active substance and 0.2mg/g propyl parahydroxybenzoate (E216) and 1.4mg/g methyl parahydroxybenzoate (E218) as preservatives. That would link up with what Gina said regarding use of praziquantel when she treated buddy! Now I just have to find the beardie equivalent of this!!

LJean

Extreme Poster
Awe... our poor Kazi!
I hope he is feeling better today!
Good luck finding the beardie equivalent of the meds!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
First of all, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! Its just gone midnight here so its Christmas day!! woo!!

Kazi spent his Christmas Eve being rather chilled out, favouring the cool side over his basking spot for most of the day. He also refused to eat any locusts or critical care but did decide that he would eat a few mouthfuls of salad this evening and his soy yoghurt (I had to add the vitamins that way so that I could get some into him today!)

This evening tho, he had a little moment of very very very slight head tremors - almost like when you get shivers up your spine. It happened twice. I know that tremors can be related to vitamin b deficiency so I am assuming that that was the cause.

Other than that he was good today - at bed time I got him out for his cuddle then went to put him back in so he could have a comfy place to sleep but he was having none of it - he wanted to play in the presents - I let him have a little wander and after about 5 minutes or so he climbed back into his viv and went to sleep with his right hand side resting on his log so hes at a funny little angle but he looks so so comfy!

An odd thing happened this evening, maybe im losing my mind but as I was coming down the stairs, I smelt Abu. Its been 5 months since she passed away but she had such a distinctive smell that I really couldnt mistake it! It was such a clear scent that it brought tears to my eyes. Sorry, I just felt the need to share that...

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Awwwwww Abu visited you on Christmas!! :D That brings tears to my eyes too :love5:

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

PS: Can't your vet get you the beardie equivalent of the meds for Kazi?
That's great that he ate some salad :D

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well I hope everyone is having a great day!! Christmas Day is over for us :(

puppytoes72":65b6e said:
Awwwwww Abu visited you on Christmas!! That brings tears to my eyes too

It was nice... I could still smell her tonight! It makes me sad tho - I really wish I could have helped her...

puppytoes72":65b6e said:
PS: Can't your vet get you the beardie equivalent of the meds for Kazi?
He probably can but I like to be prepared in advance - I try to have as much info for him as possible - I think he hates the fact that I question him so much...hehe!

Kazi had a great day today - he ate 9 locusts, some salad and was quite active - we all told him he should be resting but I think he was quite excited with all the commotion in the house!!! Tonight, he did not want to go to bed!! He ran around for a good 10 mins before finally deciding he wanted to sleep in the middle of the living room floor beside a little santa teddy that had fallen!! I put him into his viv and tried to stroke his head but he got up when I did and wandered off to another spot on his towel to sleep - he wriggled so so much, it was just too cute... and now he is sleeping, totally like a baby, all yellow - like he always did before he started having his little problems!! He looks absolutely adorable!! And I didnt notice any of that twitching today which im pleased about :D

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hello There
Merry Cristmas Darlin!

I am happy to hear Kazi man is pooping and he didnt have any tremors today.
I agree with the tapeworm theory that is what the pic looked like but I dont think you should try to medicate that on your own.Wait for the vet to dose it correctly as you dont want him going down hill again.

What a wonderful thing that you got a visit from Miss Abu! I know it must have been a touch sad but it must also be nice to know she still there in your heart and home!
Merry20Christmas.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom