~Katrina's Magnificent Menagerie~9/16 BABY PICS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so excited that tomorrow (10/13/09) my new little Beardie daughter Fiona :love10: will start her journey home! Princess Fiona was born in California,Barbara (fresnowitte) has been preparing her for her forever home in Washington. Her parents are PVT Blaze and Ms. Tiggs, some of you know her brother Bligg. I am anxiously awaiting her arrival! So without further adu, here is Princess Fiona
Fiona2.jpg

Fiona1.jpg

Fiona.jpg

Isn't she beautiful!!!! :love5: :( :( :(

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
fez09":41791vvc said:
Thanks again for listening and understanding, my non-beardie friends just don't get it.

You are soo right. Those that don't love beardies say "I understand, I've cried over loosing a fish" (one instance). Another person, when we never found Sandstone after loosing him(her?) outside, 'How much did he cost, Oh, that's not too much of a loss?' It wasn't about how much Sandstone cost us but the fact that we didn't have her (still don't really know his/her sex)

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
I absolutely hate it when people who don't understand what it's like for us to lose a pet have to voice their opinions. The whole "it's just a dog/cat/lizard, etc" argument drives me absolutely nuts. I don't tell them how they should be feeling when something happens to them so why do they feel it's ok to tell me how I should feel? Places like BD.org really are a great source of comfort when something like this happens. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so sorry Kat, that you lost Envy. I don't blame you for being angry, the people who sold you Crush & Envy obviously have flaws in their husbandry, big time. I know how sore your heart is, losing Envy so close to Crush. Know that my heart aches for you, too. I'm so glad the rest of your crew & all your babies are doing well. I wish I lived closer, too, I'd give you big hugs along with tears, so BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG CYBER HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS.
It's not the same, but I hope it helps.
Take care, sweet Kat,
Deb

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
I am so sorry to hear about Envy !! I know how hard you've been working with her and it's always so devastating to lose a pet, especially one as young as her. Envy was lucky to have been with you and your family and gotten so much love, care, and attention !
You are all in my thoughts :) ****HUG****

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
hugs_hugs7ozHUGS4YOUPURPPNK.gif

I'm sure these hugs will help comfort you. It's hard to loose even one beardie. It's especially hard to loose two beardies within a few months. I know from personal experience, the first two we had we lost within 2 months of each other, it still hurts when I think of how wonderful they both were. Their deaths were because we didn't know proper husbandry and didn't until about 8 months or so after we lost the second one. I'm sorry again, for the deaths of Envy and Crush.

I hurt for their deaths almost as much as you do.

fez09

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
NCSUCarrie":1nrj7oru said:
I am so sorry to hear about Envy !! I know how hard you've been working with her and it's always so devastating to lose a pet, especially one as young as her. Envy was lucky to have been with you and your family and gotten so much love, care, and attention !
You are all in my thoughts :) ****HUG****
Thanks Carrie, how are your babies doing? I'll have to search for your thread again! I have been so busy with all of my babies that I've lost subscriptions to most of my usual threads!
beardie parents":1nrj7oru said:
hugs_hugs7ozHUGS4YOUPURPPNK.gif

I'm sure these hugs will help comfort you. It's hard to loose even one beardie. It's especially hard to loose two beardies within a few months. I know from personal experience, the first two we had we lost within 2 months of each other, it still hurts when I think of how wonderful they both were. Their deaths were because we didn't know proper husbandry and didn't until about 8 months or so after we lost the second one. I'm sorry again, for the deaths of Envy and Crush.

I hurt for their deaths almost as much as you do.
Awwww, thanks Lori!! It's hard on most days but I do know that they were both pampered and spoiled and VERY loved....I'll miss them both always...

Our weather has taken a pretty drastic change toward fall, down to the 40's at night...Belle is already snoozing and Fiona is trying...I'm just not ready for winter...I am going to amp up my dubia colony though, and try breeding superworms one more time. Last time I got 50 beetles but then the beetles died. I posted a For Sale thread for some of Mo and Fiona's babies here and on FB...It's gonna be sad to see them go. Karma seems to be working on more eggies so I've got my eye on her, we call her babies the "Pinkies" they are so bright and neon colored, I need to get a few pics! Maybe today since it's rainy...no more outside time...

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Kat, glad to hear that Karma's working on another clutch, have you got some pics of her 1st clutch? I'll have to check facebook. I'm back to work full-time now, so have to check everything in the am, then when I get home. The poor kids are left alone all day, so I'm glad I have Jake come in to turn their lights off & play with them a bit. They're all sound alseep when I get home.

Only Rubio is down for brumation. Lonzo's been lurking in his hide, so I grabbed him out & gave him a bath. and some squash & water. He's basking but he'll be heading for his hide again. That's Lonzo's version of brumation!

Didi is still too full of energy to brumate & he's eating like it's mid summer. Leo's gained lots of weight & is starting to slow down, so we'll see if he stays up or not.

Sweetie has eggs :banghead: felt them this am in her bath. I've told her she's going to have to lay them in the bath or her tank. I can't put together a laybox, I can't leave her out of her tank while I'm at work. So I'm hoping I can organize something for her this weekend. She's showing all the signs that she's ready. I'll see how it goes. This new schedule is alot different than when Roger was here to take over the afternoon shift. I know they all miss him, but nothing I can do about it, just take a day at a time.

Glad you're keeping busy with your babies, wish I could have one, but I have enough with my crew.
Sending lots of hugs, as i know losing Envy still tugs at your heart.
Deb

fez09

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
:blob5: :blob8: I'VE GOT PICTURES!!!!!!

I took a few pics of the babies today, I have 2 holdbacks from Mojo and Fiona's clutch that I wanted to show off!! The first is a girl and her name is Echo, I have loved her since she hatched and here's why....
DSCN2194.jpg

Notice the "K" on her tail! "K" is for me, KATRINA! LOL!
DSCN2193.jpg

The next doesn't have a name but he's very pretty and interesting compared to some of the others
DSCN2192.jpg

Get a load of his precious face, I could just eat him up
DSCN2191.jpg

Here are some of the "pinkies" from Karma and Neo (Karma is gonna lay again this weekend)
DSCN2176.jpg

DSCN2178.jpg

Love these lil' guys! Some of them are already going into their first shed
DSCN2174.jpg

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
ROFLMAO!!! :laughhard: Love It! :laughhard:
She is very beautiful! The little boy is too!

WoW! Karma had some stunning babies! :love10:
The one on your index finger(in the 1st and last pic) looks very bright. :D

fez09

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
fresnowitte":1c0qd6f5 said:
ROFLMAO!!! :laughhard: Love It! :laughhard:
She is very beautiful! The little boy is too!

WoW! Karma had some stunning babies! :love10:
The one on your index finger(in the 1st and last pic) looks very bright. :D
I had to make sure there wasn't any confusion about her!!
And thank you, Karma and Neo made VERY nice babies!!
suzjohnson":1c0qd6f5 said:
Oh my gosh, what gorgeous babies!!! You must be having such a good (busy;-) time with them all.

Thanks Suz, I'm having a great time, it's alot of work and a TON of bugs but I adore it!

Suz

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
fez09":2ny3nt83 said:
The next doesn't have a name but he's very pretty and interesting compared to some of the others
DSCN2192.jpg

Get a load of his precious face, I could just eat him up
DSCN2191.jpg
Speaking of eating him up, I think you should name him Cheeto (after the cheeto's chips) for the orange on his face which looks like cheese residue. :lol:

He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO adorable as are ALL of the babies you've beed producing!

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Katrina, what is the significance of the little turquoise dot on his upper arm? The markings above his eyes are so pretty. Yep, I would ask for him if I thought I had a prayer of getting another right now. Heavy sigh....

Suz

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Suzanne that little dot is an eye(punt intended toward Kat) :lol: ...meaning she's/Kat is keeping her eye on him too :p ...since she's already got one with a K. :lol: Just kidding :lol: I just couldn't help myself. :roll: :lol:

Love you Kat! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom