Jango (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.. not sure who all read my introduction link so I guess i'll start by saying hi, my name is Tammy.. I'm a 38 year old, stay at home mommy of one human, my son Nathan (7yrs) and to Jango. My hubby bought Jango for me on Feb. 29, 2012 at a well known pet store near us.."Gittlers". The lady who took care of us there told us that Jango was only a few weeks old when we got him..so if that's correct he should be about 4 months old.. or somewhere around that i'm guessing. Not sure what kind of beardie he is though. He's currently in a 20 gallon reptile tank with reptile carpet and the lights that came with the tank.. I know I need to get new lights for him asap..just need the $$. He loves his crickets (dusted w/calcium 1x day) and he gets kale and turnip greens with some carrots and cucumber.. once in awhile I give him some apple, wich he loves. his basking side stays between 99 and 105 and his shady side stays about 75.

Jango loves being out of his terrarium and looking out the window, 'specially when the sun is shining and I can have it open.. I always supervise him. I don't trust him enough yet to let him have run of the house but I do let him run around on the couch and once in awhile in my son's bedroom, we block all the holes up and keep a close eye on him, a few times he'd snuggle with my son's stuffed animals and go to sleep, he even fell asleep once on the dresser behind the CD player. I can walk around the house with him hanging onto my shirt or sitting on my shoulder, wichever he feels like doing. Once in awhile I will take him into the bedroom with all the fish... yeah.. we have lots of fish.. mostly Chiclids.. 75 gallon, 55 gallon, a few 20 gallons, 10 gallons and a 5 gallon..oh also got a 29 gallon with gold fish in it.. hubby wants to get another 55 gallon and also wants to get Jango a 40 gallon breeder tank.

On with the pictures:..

Jango when we first came home 2/29/12:
034.jpg

a few days later 3/8/12:
009.jpg

he loves lookin' out the window 3/21/12:
017.jpg

lookin at the gold fish 4/4/12:
029.jpg

Jango's home 4/4/12:
039.jpg

My son and Jango looking out the window 4/9/12:
001-1.jpg

enjoying the sun on a beautiful day 4/16/12:
008-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

Then and now 4/21/12:
Jangobabyandbigger.jpg

sleeping 5/1/12:
005-2.jpg

5/3/12:
008-2.jpg

playing with the tape measure 5/6/12:
020-2.jpg

my handsome dragon 5/8/12:
004-1.jpg

puffin' out his beard 5/9/12:
010-1.jpg

5/10/12:
013-1.jpg

5/13/12:
040-1.jpg

Happy Mother's Day!
043-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

Who's that handsome fella? 5/15/12:
002-2.jpg

That's it for now.. sorry for so many.. there are many more if you would like to see more you can visit this link:
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/TLynnH73/Jango/

mistygirl

Hatchling Member
what a handsome guy. and the pics of your son and him and with the flowers on Mother's Day are just adorable. My beardie also lightens up in her bath. She is similar in color to your Jango. We can sure tell he is well loved.

adkpugmom

Hatchling Member
the pic looking out the window is adorable !!!! your such a great mommy :D :D :D i dont let claton out because im afraid he will get into my sofa or an unsafe place but i would love to let him...any suggestions ???

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone :)

adkpugmom":34jwyrra said:
the pic looking out the window is adorable !!!! your such a great mommy :D :D :D i dont let claton out because im afraid he will get into my sofa or an unsafe place but i would love to let him...any suggestions ???
I don't let Jango wander the house alone.. I'm usually right there incase he does decide to take off or he's on his leash.. we have alot of hiding places that I wouldn't be able to get to him at.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Jango gets mad at me sometimes.. like if I leave for the day.. i'll come home when he's asleep.. the next morning i'll talk to him and he turns his head away from me like saying "I'm mad at you mom, you left me here all by myself yesterday".. LOL. well the past few days we've been away from home doing things with the family.. Jango sadly had to stay home since we weren't anywhere he could be with us.. he did get fed and taken care of by my hubby so he wasn't home alone. Anyways.. here's some pics I took in the past few days..

Love his colors! 7/6/12:
005-6.jpg

Couldn't find him after lights out.. decided to look in his log and found him..he never slept here before 7/6/12:
009-7.jpg

Good morning! 7/7/12:
012-5.jpg

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Oh,my gosh! He's getting so big! :shock: I remember the 1st pics you showed us. He was just an itty-bitty-baby. :wink: Now he's turning into such a handsom young man 8) Really healthy and happy looking. Your doing a great job! Jango is truely blessed :D

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
morphmom":3tn2fk6r said:
Oh,my gosh! He's getting so big! :shock: I remember the 1st pics you showed us. He was just an itty-bitty-baby. :wink: Now he's turning into such a handsom young man 8) Really healthy and happy looking. Your doing a great job! Jango is truely blessed :D

Awww.. thank you :) He is very much loved and I do my best to give him the best of everything.. We're hoping to get him a 40 gal. breeder tank tomorrow (Thursday).. petco has the $1/gal. going on and they ran out last week.. they said they may get in more this week, so cross your fingers.. then I need to get him new lights, top and stuff for it as well. He's my little cuddle bug since my son's in a stage where he doesn't want to cuddle much anymore (he's 7)..LOL.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":32diuzy0 said:
He's my little cuddle bug since my son's in a stage where he doesn't want to cuddle much anymore (he's 7)..LOL.
I understand completely. My daughter is 6 & 1/2 and she's at that stage of life where she wants to be with friends and have her own activities. I'm proud of how social and confident she is but I missed our cuddle time horribly :( . Myah was my birthday gift and her set-up was my mothers day gift! LOL! I wanted a cuddle buddy. :wink: Good luck on your new set-up. Can't wait to see the pics! :D

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
well I went to petco yesterday.. no more 40 gal. breeders.. it figures..that's how my luck goes. The one girl said she called the warehouse and special ordered one and told me to call on wednesday to see if they sent one .. but she never took my name or anything.... so now i'll probably have to wait to get him one when my hubby gets enough money to get a regular reptile 40 gal. breeder.. since the reg. fish tanks are $114.. and the reptile one is $119 and it comes with a screen top

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
I love his "Good morning" face!

Don't you just love it when they first get up in the morning? They're all groggy and slow but happy to see you!

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Gonna post new pics soon.. haven't been around for awhile. This past week I had to go to my brother's house and take care of his family's 3 beardies while they went on vacation.. they didn't trust anyone else with them, that made me all bubbly inside to hear that :) Jango is mad at me because I haven't been home much because of it so he hasn't had many cuddles, but he'll have plenty of cuddles now.. gonna be home for awhile now.. Yay!

mistygirl

Hatchling Member
He is a beautiful boy and growing so fast! I got my tank on craig's list had to clean it really, really good but I got a 75 gal for $60. Then I just bought the screen for about $20. (of course the rest of the stuff cost me a small fortune, but I did not care). I spend more on my pets than anything besides my home mortgage LOL...keep on cuddling you boy, they love it.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Measured Jango the other day and he measures about 14 inches long now (i'm guessing he's around 6 months going on 7 from what the lady at the pet store told me).. still not sure about his weight.. I need to find a digital scale.. wich I can afford. Jango is gonna be shedding soon.. his nose/mouth and one arm is really a whitish/grey color. I took the little half log hide out and put in his larger one.. had it since he was a baby but it was too big at the time.. he loves the bigger one.. he's always on it.. spends most of his day on it even and sleeps on it. Oh and he eats mainly crickets now.. perhaps because he's starting his shedding session?.. not sure.. but he really doesn't eat his greens at all.. but he'll eat every piece of apple I give him.. silly dragon!

Jango sleeping on his bigger log hide 7/22/12:
044.jpg

046.jpg

053.jpg

My handsome dragon! (in the rest of the photos you can see where he's gonna shed on his nose/mouth area) 7/23/12:
010-3.jpg

011-3.jpg

He was looking out the window by himself today until our neighbor across the street started mowing his grass..Jango felt alittle safer on my arm 7/24/12:
013-4.jpg

Tried to get a close-up of his tail so you could see the orange in it.. his back legs and sides where the spikes are have it as well.. I love it.. 7/24/12:
015-5.jpg

Just some random pictures 7/24/12:
020-3.jpg

021-2.jpg

he got some yellow in his beard :)

morphmom

BD.org Addict
I just love Jango :wink: He has such a nice round face. If ever I were to get another BD baby, I'd look for one with a short snout and round everything else 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom