Jango (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.. not sure who all read my introduction link so I guess i'll start by saying hi, my name is Tammy.. I'm a 38 year old, stay at home mommy of one human, my son Nathan (7yrs) and to Jango. My hubby bought Jango for me on Feb. 29, 2012 at a well known pet store near us.."Gittlers". The lady who took care of us there told us that Jango was only a few weeks old when we got him..so if that's correct he should be about 4 months old.. or somewhere around that i'm guessing. Not sure what kind of beardie he is though. He's currently in a 20 gallon reptile tank with reptile carpet and the lights that came with the tank.. I know I need to get new lights for him asap..just need the $$. He loves his crickets (dusted w/calcium 1x day) and he gets kale and turnip greens with some carrots and cucumber.. once in awhile I give him some apple, wich he loves. his basking side stays between 99 and 105 and his shady side stays about 75.

Jango loves being out of his terrarium and looking out the window, 'specially when the sun is shining and I can have it open.. I always supervise him. I don't trust him enough yet to let him have run of the house but I do let him run around on the couch and once in awhile in my son's bedroom, we block all the holes up and keep a close eye on him, a few times he'd snuggle with my son's stuffed animals and go to sleep, he even fell asleep once on the dresser behind the CD player. I can walk around the house with him hanging onto my shirt or sitting on my shoulder, wichever he feels like doing. Once in awhile I will take him into the bedroom with all the fish... yeah.. we have lots of fish.. mostly Chiclids.. 75 gallon, 55 gallon, a few 20 gallons, 10 gallons and a 5 gallon..oh also got a 29 gallon with gold fish in it.. hubby wants to get another 55 gallon and also wants to get Jango a 40 gallon breeder tank.

On with the pictures:..

Jango when we first came home 2/29/12:
034.jpg

a few days later 3/8/12:
009.jpg

he loves lookin' out the window 3/21/12:
017.jpg

lookin at the gold fish 4/4/12:
029.jpg

Jango's home 4/4/12:
039.jpg

My son and Jango looking out the window 4/9/12:
001-1.jpg

enjoying the sun on a beautiful day 4/16/12:
008-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

Then and now 4/21/12:
Jangobabyandbigger.jpg

sleeping 5/1/12:
005-2.jpg

5/3/12:
008-2.jpg

playing with the tape measure 5/6/12:
020-2.jpg

my handsome dragon 5/8/12:
004-1.jpg

puffin' out his beard 5/9/12:
010-1.jpg

5/10/12:
013-1.jpg

5/13/12:
040-1.jpg

Happy Mother's Day!
043-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

Who's that handsome fella? 5/15/12:
002-2.jpg

That's it for now.. sorry for so many.. there are many more if you would like to see more you can visit this link:
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/TLynnH73/Jango/

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Got Jango a harness today.. it was too late by the time we got home to try it on him so it will have to wait.. I got a small since that's all they had, wich looks like it may fit.. so crossing fingers.. hope it fits and he likes it.. if not I guess i'll have to take it back.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
As I mentioned before, I bought Jango a new harness but it was too late to try it on him since he was already asleep when we got home. I tried it on him this afternoon.. kinda tricky trying to get it on him since he wanted to chew on the cord but I finally got it on him and he didn't seem to mind it being on him and it fit.. I let him run around the house to get use to it and to make sure he couldn't get out of it.. once I was feeling ok with knowing he couldn't get out of it, my son and I took him outside to get the mail, then he sat on my shoulder while my son jumped on his trampoline for awhile, then Jango wanted in the grass so I left him run around for abit.. he loved it! Here are a few pictures.

Enjoying the sun on the deck 6/8/12:
003-1.jpg

He loved running in the grass 6/8/12:
009-5.jpg

Sitting on my son's trampoline basking in the sun 6/8/12:
012-3.jpg

Just found Jango sitting like this in his tank.. silly beardie! 6/8/12:
014-2.jpg

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":2cjjwsah said:
Just found Jango sitting like this in his tank.. silly beardie! 6/8/12:
LOL! That is a silly beardie! :lol: I love their odd posses. He's just gotten so big! :shock: Wow! It was such a good idea to keep taking pics with him on that branch, it really shows ya what good care can do. He's really beautiful and he has a really good mommy. Cheers to you two :D

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Aww.. thank you for the kind words. and I do plan on taking pictures of him on that branch for as long as I can.. I'm sure he'll eventually get to big for it though.. He is getting big.. I measured him last week and he was tad longer than 12 inches from nose tip to tail tip. I had him outside again today.. but he wasn't too fond of his harness today and just stayed with me on my shoulder or my leg when I was sitting.. then he started puffing his beard up at the leash.. not sure what he thought it was.. perhaps a snake.. who knows.. only he does..LOL.. so I brought him back inside and took the harness off.. didn't want to stress him out.

Here's Jango the other night.. he wanted out right before bed and I told him no it was night night time.. so when his lights went out he stayed in the same place and went to sleep.. this is how I found him in the morning when his lights came on.. LOL.. 6/9/12:
001-2.jpg

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":39a4oz7i said:
this is how I found him in the morning when his lights came on.. LOL.. 6/9/12:
Laugh my bottom off!!! :lol:

Jango and Myah have a few things in common! :D
(Sorry to post a pic of Myah on Jango's thread, I don't mean to be rude. :oops: )

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
LOL.. Myah is so cute!.. no worries..love to see all the other beardies :)

Mike got a bug bomber and put it off in our basement so my son, Jango and I went to my mom's house and spent the last two days there.. I took Jango's entire tank and everything with us so just to be on the safe side. He had all the window's in the house open just incase the stuff came up through the floor or something.. he wiped everything down as well. We're back home now and Jango is so happy to be back. He wasn't too happy at my Mom's, while we were there I also took him to my brother's house and my SIL cut his claws for me.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":2z2hzri0 said:
I also took him to my brother's house and my SIL cut his claws for me.
How do you know where to cut? I can't see on Myah and they're getting long. I don't want to hurt her.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
it's the very tips.. they're really tiny and you can barely see it.. my hands are shakey and my eyes aren't too good so that's why I had my SIL do it for me and it's easier with two people.. one to hold the beardie and one to cut the claws.. she has 3 beardies of her own so she has experience :)

Here's a link I found on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYglbG3EiQc

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Not much going on with Jango and I lately.. we've been going outside and enjoying the nice weather and such. I measured Jango at 13 inches long today..he's almost 6 months old (or mabie just turned 6 months? he was born either the end of Jan. or the beginning of Feb..not sure). He loves being out of his home and hanging with me..he always wants to run around and gets mad when I don't let him without his harness, he's not to fond of it. Here's a few pics i've taken since last time...

I don't see how this could be comfortable..6/12/12:
001-3.jpg

this is Jango when we were at my Mom's.. he didn't like it there to much.. he pretty much just stayed in the one corner of his tank the whole time we were there.. 6/13/12:
007-3.jpg

Look how big Jango's getting (I want to do another comparison picture like I did before) 6/19/12:
009-6.jpg

Jango discovered he could hold onto the screen and stand up 6/22/12:
011-2.jpg

Then discovered he could climb onto the screen.. but didn't know how to get down 6/22/12:
013-2.jpg

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey all.. been busy running around doing things.. haven't had time to take any pictures lately. I had Jango out alittle bit this morning.. about 10 minutes to look out the window then I put him back in his home so I could clean the house. I then got him out again abit later and then had to put him back in his home about 5 minutes later because my son wanted his friend to come over so we had to run down to the store for snacks and drinks.. So after his friend left to go home I was making supper.. Jango made it clear to me he was mad because he didn't get his normal time out by the window.. he puffed his beard up and was bobbing his head at me as I made supper.. LOL! Finally after I made supper and took my son out to go swimming for awhile.. I came in and got Jango out and left him look out the window.. he loved it but he wanted the window opened wich I couldn't do because my hubby had the A/C on.. wich it doesn't feel like it.. I think it's broke. Anyways.. I always sit by him at the window on a stool so I can watch him and look out with him.. well our neighbor lady from across the street decided to water her flowers that she has by the street.. Jango seen her and took off up my arm and onto my chest and buried his head into my neck.. hiding from the lady.. LOL! He stayed there for a good 10 minutes before he would even move.. I nuzzled my cheek on the top of his head the whole time, he seemed to like it.. usually if he doesn't want touched or petted he moves away. I had him out after his lights out time and was taking him back to his home when he crawled up onto my shoulder, under my hair and went to sleep. When I put him in his home he opened his sleepy little eyes and looked up at me like he was saying "can't I sleep with you tonight mom?".. it was so precious and made my heart melt. I put him in his home and he slowly crawled over to his log and tree.. didn't even make it half way up before falling asleep where he was.. I guess I can't have him out after lights out anymore.. but I did love the snuggling! 7:30pm is his lights out and 7am is lights on.. that was the schedule we started him on since my son was in school when we got him and we went to bed early (9pm).. my hubby thought that was a good schedule.. but now it's daylight longer, Jango doesn't want to go to sleep when it's his lights out but I can tell he's sleepy.. his tank is out in our kitchen since there is no room at the moment for it to be anywhere else.. I try to make it as dark as possible for him to go to sleep.. I put the blinds down on the windows and shut the lights off.. but my hubby needs the light on the far side of the kitchen on to get his lunch ready for work.. he works night shift at our local Walmart.. it doesn't seem to disturb Jango though.. once he's asleep he sleeps all night. Well that's about all I have to say for now.. Oh.. by the way we have our A/C set to never go below 69 or 70 degrees so it shouldn't be too cold for Jango and when he seems to be getting cool I put him back in his home to warm up.. TTFN.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
JangoMom":tbtlkc5k said:
Awww... :D I can't help but wonder if he's thinking of the fabulous soak he could have in the pool! LOL! :lol:

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
morphmom":1mhk2x1k said:
JangoMom":1mhk2x1k said:
Awww... :D I can't help but wonder if he's thinking of the fabulous soak he could have in the pool! LOL! :lol:
I actually think he's afraid of it. I take him out onto the deck with me sometimes on his leash and he always tries to run to the side furthest away from it. he hates his baths too.

I just can't believe he's getting so big.. seems like I just brought him home as a little thing that fit in the palm of my hand. Today I took him into my son's room to look out the window for a moment while I ironed some clothes but our neighbor decided to mow his lawn and Jango got scared of the noise and took off up my arm and hid under my hair, cuddling his little head against my neck.. I cuddled with him for abit and talked to him as I stroked his back. I looked into the mirror just to see what he was doing and he was actually sleeping! Awww.. my heart melted.

I's gettin' so big! 7/1/12:
005-5.jpg

Me and Jango, when he got scared and was hiding.. then cuddling and sleeping 7/5/12:
013-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom