Jace, Zy, Sorin, Ava, Nissa, & Koth -->Update 12-18 w/ Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I'm relatively new to this website, though I have posted questions prior to this "blog." I fell in love with bearded dragons on a trip to Petco. I've always wanted a reptile and I have a dragon statue collection at home so it seemed perfect. Jace, however, was not my first beardie. My first beardie was one of the two smaller ones. The employees hadn't gotten around to putting on of the little ones up for adoption because he would have a seizure whenever he was picked up. They were pretty sure the one I had picked wasn't the seizure one. I bought him the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and am sad to say I returned him that following Monday. This one had seizures whenever he was put down. I knew, being a new owner, that it would be better for the both of us if I returned him to Petco and that was when I got Jace, the love of my life. On a side note, the two that suffered from seizures got adopted to loving homes where someone can take care of them :D . Anyways, on to my picture show.

This was my first night with Jace. He no longer has that cage - he is in a bigger one and on tiles instead.
IMG_0466_zps0e44f451.jpg

The first week montage:
IMG_0517_zpse9298ed9.jpg

IMG_0502_zpsc28cf050.jpg

IMG_0491_zps164f07a4.jpg

I loved the way he just dug a bed and curled up.
IMG_0726_zps0e0c476a.jpg

He was so little!
IMG_0916_zps210e6886.jpg

This is his new cage - the sand in the dig bowl has been replaced with flaxseed
IMG_1144_zpscd40c0cb.jpg

My little poser :D
IMG_1153_zpsf79b1698.jpg

IMG_0068_zps9a858168.jpg

He loves climbing on my shirt and just hang
IMG_1226_zps79bd805e.jpg

I loved the natural blue that came out - don't know how that happened
IMG_1235_zpsa21c2d39.jpg

Again, his dig box before we changed it:
IMG_1278_zps45287aa6.jpg

He loves my computer
FB3FDAC4-6B1F-4764-A804-0F98181965E1-952-000000913408F03F.jpg

That's it for now, but he's a very photogenic man so there will be more to follow.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Jace has pooped...
...on me.
...on my floor.

Zy has pooped...
...on me.
...on Paul.
...on Paul's neck and shoulder.
...on my couch.
...on my floor.

Sorin has pooped...
...on me.

Ava has pooped...
...nowhere. Good girl!

Nissa has pooped...
...on my bed.

Koth has pooped...
...nowhere. Good boy!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Messes:
Myah
The bed x 2
The sofa x 1

Mylo
No where but the tile and hammock in his viv! :D

Annie
Bath x 1
Carpet x 1 (she scooted here bum during a change and yes she meant to do it! :shock: :laughhard: )

-I don't remember reading about things like this in care articles or baby books! :lol: :p

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Zilla has pooped EVERYWHERE except the dang bath tub! So frustrating. He hadn't pooped for 19 days, and I got to the point of bath time every morning, I'd try to come home at lunch to bathe, bath time right after work. Warmer than normal. Cooler than normal. Belly rub. Shake him up and down. Haha joking.

And nothing!

Yesterday, my bf called me and I asked if he pooped. He said, 'OMG did he ever poop! It was like 9 inches long!"

Of course, he got it on his steps and favorite stuffy. Brat.

Let me list all the places he's pooped, hmmm...

Wood floor numerous times
My favorite blanket twice
Brand new sofa
Rug at home
Wall to wall carpet at work
Dog bed at work two times
My leg
Outside in the grass (but I was ecstatic!!)

He's only pooped in his bath tub once, one it was probably on accident. Lol

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Rubio is the one who won't poop in the bath unless by accident & he always looks surprised :shock: He normally holds it until he's back in his tank, but he has pooped on the carpet many times, on the hassock, loves to poop on the balcony (which is great for clean up) and on the ramp. He's also one who hold it in for days...brat. The others are good, mostly in their baths, sometimes in their tanks, but there's something about the ramp that brings it on & not on the TOP of the ramp where there is a towel, down the sides where I won't find it for days on end...that's my story of the pooping in this house. The geckos, in their tanks, as they really don't come out. When I got Bunny and when I handled her she always pooped on me but not anymore. Now she waits at the door when I come home at night, waiting to be fed by syringe. So tonight she'll get lots of food. I'm trying to get her to each roaches, we'll see how that goes!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Today was a terrible day.

Work shift started at 6:30 and I woke up at 6:32. Rushed into clothes, grabbed my things, and bolted out the door. I called work to tell them I'd be late to get b!tched at by the woman at the phone because her phone cannot connect me to the kitchen and she has to walk "all the way to the kitchen." I tell my boss I'm going to be late and that I'm on my way and she understand. I call Paul, waking him up, and telling him I had nothing set up for the babies. I have a panic attack on my way to work.

Get to work and everything is all right. No one is mad or upset - just understanding. I'm hungry so when my 15 minute break comes around my coworker and I go to Dunkin - she's just along for the ride. I get their, make my order, and my DD gift card is nowhere to be found. Not only do I have no free money this pay period, but I need to order DD four times until my next paycheck. Freaking out and pay for it.

Then when I get back to work I go to take my vitamins and supplements that I had set up in a pill bottle the night before for today to find out I forgot them at home. Adds to my stress.

Then lunch rolls around and all is fine until second seating. Two people complain to me about the fish being too tough. So I go to the cook who is on right now for the dinner/night shift because our boss who worked our breakfast/lunch shift and who made the fish wasn't there. I told him about the complaint about the fish and he flips out at me in front of my coworkers. He says the he isn't taking credit for it and that he didn't make it and keeps sushing me and I want so badly flip out and then he tells me to find our boss and to tell her she did a bad job cooking the fish. I storm out of the kitchen, do something in the dinning room and go back into the kitchen to call for an aide to help the resident. The cook asks me if I told our boss yet and I ignore him as I go to make the call and then I give him a dirty look and said "How can I tell someone I haven't seen yet?" and the he goes "just forget it. Don't tell her." I break down and go to the bathroom and cry and cry. Then I go back to work and walk in on my coworkers b!tching about the cook and how he treated me - made me feel better, like I wasn't overreacting.

I never said a word to my boss and she had asked us to mention if any of the cooks started talking down to us and treating us like crap because of the new situation. This cook is the reason my boss has to make all of these new rules. He tells us to clock out when we're finished and then he sits in his truck playing Angry Birds until it's time to clock out.

Well, the rest of the night he "apologized" three times to me. Honestly, I'm not fooled. I knew he was only doing it to cover his own @ss. One bad word from me and he is out of here. He knows that he's walking a tight line. The boss snuck back to work one night and CAUGHT him sitting in his truck after everyone else left. She called him out on it and no he's taking it out on us. The boss wants to fire him, but doesn't have good enough reasons yet. So he was only apologizing to save himself. That's what really p!sses me off.

I worked from 6:30am-7:30pm and will be working the same tomorrow - half of it with the same crook from tonight. I'm tired. I'm miserable. I just want to cry, but I can't because my grandpa will flip out and tell me to grow us - that this is life and blah blah blah.

Sorry for the foul mouthing but this just ticked me off and sent me over the edge.

I am quitting my job as soon as I get a new offer. I am so over this place.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
And my glasses are broke beyond repair and had to be thrown out. New pair won't be in until Mon-Wed.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Oh jeez, Liz. I'm so sorry. Don't worry about the flowery language. You're entitled. If I was there, I'd hold the darn cook so you could kick the snot out of him. Big hugs your way, sweetie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom