Jace, Zy, Sorin, Ava, Nissa, & Koth -->Update 12-18 w/ Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I'm relatively new to this website, though I have posted questions prior to this "blog." I fell in love with bearded dragons on a trip to Petco. I've always wanted a reptile and I have a dragon statue collection at home so it seemed perfect. Jace, however, was not my first beardie. My first beardie was one of the two smaller ones. The employees hadn't gotten around to putting on of the little ones up for adoption because he would have a seizure whenever he was picked up. They were pretty sure the one I had picked wasn't the seizure one. I bought him the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and am sad to say I returned him that following Monday. This one had seizures whenever he was put down. I knew, being a new owner, that it would be better for the both of us if I returned him to Petco and that was when I got Jace, the love of my life. On a side note, the two that suffered from seizures got adopted to loving homes where someone can take care of them :D . Anyways, on to my picture show.

This was my first night with Jace. He no longer has that cage - he is in a bigger one and on tiles instead.
IMG_0466_zps0e44f451.jpg

The first week montage:
IMG_0517_zpse9298ed9.jpg

IMG_0502_zpsc28cf050.jpg

IMG_0491_zps164f07a4.jpg

I loved the way he just dug a bed and curled up.
IMG_0726_zps0e0c476a.jpg

He was so little!
IMG_0916_zps210e6886.jpg

This is his new cage - the sand in the dig bowl has been replaced with flaxseed
IMG_1144_zpscd40c0cb.jpg

My little poser :D
IMG_1153_zpsf79b1698.jpg

IMG_0068_zps9a858168.jpg

He loves climbing on my shirt and just hang
IMG_1226_zps79bd805e.jpg

I loved the natural blue that came out - don't know how that happened
IMG_1235_zpsa21c2d39.jpg

Again, his dig box before we changed it:
IMG_1278_zps45287aa6.jpg

He loves my computer
FB3FDAC4-6B1F-4764-A804-0F98181965E1-952-000000913408F03F.jpg

That's it for now, but he's a very photogenic man so there will be more to follow.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Love that video! Venser: "I dig, therefore I am... :p " He's so handsome. His patterns are amazing you don't even know where to look! Venser is a very cool name. I wasn't digging "Slifer" too much (not sure why...) but Venser sounds really edgy. :D

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Slifer was cool at first but it quickly grew old and Sparta was a good temp name. Venser, like Jace, is a planeswalker so I guess I have a somewhat theme. :lol: Every other two lizards will be named after a planeswalker. I'm glad you like the name better =) Since no one commented on the name change I assumed no one really cared about it :lol:

He is a handsome boy and I love him. Every day I am filled with worry because, except for when we dig him up, we have no idea how he is, if he's alive. It's a treat every time we see the substrate shift. I wish he was a tile boy so we could see him more often, but oh well. It's fun playing "where's Venser". It's what we used to do at Petco.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Jace gave me a heart attack. He was climbing the pen that I have and fell down. It was about 18" high or so and when he handed, he was lifting his front right leg and I was thinking "Oh my God! It's broken! Oh my God!" He is fine. I think it was a minor sprain or something because he started to crawl into the couch and is now walking all over to me and using that leg to dig. Phew!

He also looks like something bit his nose. Don't know what, but at the very tip is skin, no scale. Doesn't seem to bother him. I think he might have scratched a little too hard on his decor.

Vencer is awesume looking and adoring the name :) I cant quite think of a name for my flamed crested gecko :C its hard to think of a fiting name.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
JunsuiJira":paef0cyx said:
Vencer is awesume looking and adoring the name :) I cant quite think of a name for my flamed crested gecko :C its hard to think of a fiting name.

thanks! I don't usually have too much trouble thinking of a name, my hard part is settling on one. Vencer was the hardest. I'm obsessed with thinking up names lol

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I finally settled in a good signature. Last time I misspelt Venser's name. I like this one better because, except for Zy being a doofas, they mirror each other as do their names. My work is finally done for now.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
I like the new signature. I will probably make a new one in a few weeks. I would like to include the leos but I don't think everyone would fit.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks! You might be able to fit all of them if you crop the length of the pic some, that's what I had to do otherwise only 2 pics would fit lol

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I like Venser better, too, suits him, I still can't get over his colours and it was great that you watched him eating. Thanks for the photos, he is beautiful.

I'm glad Jace didn't hurt himself, poor boy!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":2mjds3lf said:
I like Venser better, too, suits him, I still can't get over his colours and it was great that you watched him eating. Thanks for the photos, he is beautiful.

He is gorgeous when we get to see him.

sweetiepie9":2mjds3lf said:
I'm glad Jace didn't hurt himself, poor boy!

I think I was more traumatized than he was! :lol:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So I gave Jace 14 hornworms and 5 good sized dubia and Zy 13 hornworms and 5 dubia. Jace left behind 5 dubia and 3 hornworms (the dubia were given well after he ate 10 of the hornworms) and Zy ate all but one of each. Salads are all tey will have left after this so they better make it last.... Lord knows Zy doesn't understand that.

I like the Devil's Carnival, such a good show. Which they had episodes more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom