Jace, Zy, Sorin, Ava, Nissa, & Koth -->Update 12-18 w/ Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I'm relatively new to this website, though I have posted questions prior to this "blog." I fell in love with bearded dragons on a trip to Petco. I've always wanted a reptile and I have a dragon statue collection at home so it seemed perfect. Jace, however, was not my first beardie. My first beardie was one of the two smaller ones. The employees hadn't gotten around to putting on of the little ones up for adoption because he would have a seizure whenever he was picked up. They were pretty sure the one I had picked wasn't the seizure one. I bought him the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and am sad to say I returned him that following Monday. This one had seizures whenever he was put down. I knew, being a new owner, that it would be better for the both of us if I returned him to Petco and that was when I got Jace, the love of my life. On a side note, the two that suffered from seizures got adopted to loving homes where someone can take care of them :D . Anyways, on to my picture show.

This was my first night with Jace. He no longer has that cage - he is in a bigger one and on tiles instead.
IMG_0466_zps0e44f451.jpg

The first week montage:
IMG_0517_zpse9298ed9.jpg

IMG_0502_zpsc28cf050.jpg

IMG_0491_zps164f07a4.jpg

I loved the way he just dug a bed and curled up.
IMG_0726_zps0e0c476a.jpg

He was so little!
IMG_0916_zps210e6886.jpg

This is his new cage - the sand in the dig bowl has been replaced with flaxseed
IMG_1144_zpscd40c0cb.jpg

My little poser :D
IMG_1153_zpsf79b1698.jpg

IMG_0068_zps9a858168.jpg

He loves climbing on my shirt and just hang
IMG_1226_zps79bd805e.jpg

I loved the natural blue that came out - don't know how that happened
IMG_1235_zpsa21c2d39.jpg

Again, his dig box before we changed it:
IMG_1278_zps45287aa6.jpg

He loves my computer
FB3FDAC4-6B1F-4764-A804-0F98181965E1-952-000000913408F03F.jpg

That's it for now, but he's a very photogenic man so there will be more to follow.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Phew. That's good.

Jace seems to almost be done with his shed thank God! Spartan has been in hiding though we can kinda see him better. The Petco we got him at says he is probably the same age as Jace give or take so I will mark him down for then. I'm thinking I did Jace's birthday wrong because I've seen people with Oct babies that at 18" and if Jace was a Sept he should be 18". Will figure out birthdays soon.

So annoyed with the post office. I was supposed to get the hornworms yesterday and haven't gotten them yet. They didn't even bother to change the expected shipping arrival time. They're getting to be really obnoxious.

haha they all are adorable XD. I just wanna hug them..if only they can hug back :p. I should do photos updates when I get one XD. it seems like a cool progress.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
These are the official birthdays...that I decided.

Sparta: Oct 2
Jace: Oct 20
Ava: Nov 18
Zy: Nov 20

Will have to update my growth chart.

Here's an update on the growth chart since their ages changed.

gImmkjx.png

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So Jace is just a hair under 16". Will be nice to offer him supers.
Zy is just a hair under 14" herself.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So tomorrow I will be picking up almost everything I will need for Sparta. It's exciting even though it will cost money.

1. Sphagnum Moss: $7
2. More Eco-Earth: $9
3. 20 Gallon Viv: $20
4. Screen for Viv: $25
5. Heat Pad: $23

Total: $85 (rounding)

After this all I have to do is get him a new feeding dish, a 24" 5.0 ReptiSun UVB, the fixture, and some more decor. From what I understand UVB is much debated in the Fire Skink world so I will not worry about it too too much. Will probably get it sooner if my wallet doesn't hurt too much.

He comes up for air when we're not there, I guess, because the phoenix worms are disappearing. Here's to hoping I do everything right. Will be fun transferring him from one cage to another.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Jace:
1iytdrc.jpg

Zy:
cUfv3BP.jpg

Emn2qoV.jpg

JGNxBt2.jpg

ZdysCDd.jpg

Ava:
daTsMvR.jpg

8JD9Klg.jpg

PcxEgII.jpg

Sparta:
Love this pic:
"Ello, Neighbors, what can I do for you?"
Xb4It2H.jpg

Pwxo5lR.jpg

mfoRfqG.jpg

aWC2XJH.jpg

Enfield PetSmart:
0rLllUr.jpg

Enfield Petco:
auQn4Cx.jpg

Aj4mv3r.jpg

Holyoke Petco:
I just love those chubby cheeks!
LMsY8uq.jpg

The man that worked at Petco in Enfield was amazing. He cared so much for the babies there. Made feel a little better knowing that someone does care.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
morphmom":16utsik8 said:
Awww... Imma gonna call Sparta "Mr.peek-a-boo!" :p

It's what he does :lol: It's so cool watching how he moves. He does a walk/slither. And he just swims through the substrate.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So Wednesday night, when we bought Sparta,we gave him 15 phoenix worms and now there are 4 left and yesterday I gave him 4 crickets and last I checked, there were still 2 in there. I'm pretty sure I buried the others alive yesterday on accident. Jace didn't eat to much yesterday, 3 medium hornworms and maybe a 3 phoenix worms and 1 big-ish dubia. So I am hoping his appetite picks up today since most of his shed is done, he just has his belly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom