Itty Bitty Is Finally Back Home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Jasper's Mom":7855b said:
Oh my... would you look at those puppy dog eyes! Work it, Itty Bitty. :mrgreen:
She's got it down to a science doesn't she? :laughing6: I love the pix of her while swimming! My guys all fuss about baths, only the girls truly appreciate a good swim. :love5: to all!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
:wave: Hi Christine!

I may breed her next year but she has got to go to the vet before there is any contact with any of my other beardies. After setting in the store with all of those other beardies on sand, I'm sure that she will need to be treated for parasites hopefully that's the only thing they find.

She is driving me bananas...........well not her alone...............the past 3 days Itty Bitty & PVT Blaze will not stay in their viv's. It's a circus trying to juggle these two. Itty Bitty has just let herself out again. She has made her way from the kitchen to the living room to see what I'm doing.

She remembers that she was the spoiled little girl when she left. She always got the white supers that were in the super bin and now she is waiting for them she doesn't want the hard ones, only the freshly shed soft ones. Spoiled! Spoiled! Spoiled! ROTTEN! :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Roger has done the same with Sweetie, he buys white worms for her from the pet store. So she's now spoiled, she'll lick the regular coloured super but won't eat them. So now Roger has to pick out white worms every time he picks worms up. :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Hello Barbara,

I love how Itty Bitty is right back to feeling at home.............. It amuses me to hear how she "lets herself out"......... do all your beardies have open doors in the viv's, Barbara? Are you afraid of loosing one in a nook or crannie?................ I would love to do that but I have viv's that open at the top. How old were they before you let them run free?

Also, what are "white worms"?

Bugs and wishes to you and yours,

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
White worms are just supers that have shed. You've caught them before they turn the regular brown colour and have hard shells again.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
beardie osk":50249 said:
Hello Barbara,
It amuses me to hear how she "lets herself out"......... do all your beardies have open doors in the viv's, Barbara? Are you afraid of loosing one in a nook or crannie?................ I would love to do that but I have viv's that open at the top. How old were they before you let them run free?

Also, what are "white worms"?
Thanks Deborah for explaining the white worms for me. :wink:
If you keep your supers well fed and hydrated they will grow an as they grow they will shed making them nice and tender. Mmmmm.........soft worm! But they only stay this way for a short time.

As far as open door viv's go well mine are all 40 to 75 gal tanks that open at the top. But I don't use screens, mine are open to let in all the UVB from their MVB's. Plus I always have my hands in someones viv for some reason, so the screens are a pain in the you know what. If I'm leaving the premises and there is no-one here to watch them for me I have to put the screens on while I'm gone. But this only makes them mad and when I do get back they either give me the cold shoulder treatment or are really drove on getting out.

I don't worry to much about loosing one of them they usually either just want to perch on top or they are looking to see what I'm doing in another room.

Now Itty Bitty and Z&W mom Ms. Peaches(R.I.P.) she was another story. She didn't let herself out of her viv. I just had to watch her closely when I'd let her out. Because she would try to let herself out the cat door. I had to catch her by the tail one time.
But the ones I have now only want to be the center of attention. :wink:

Itty Bitty & PVT Blaze usually only do this when I'm not in the room their viv's are in.
Like when I'm sitting at the computer not paying attention to them. :lol: :roll:

I usually start taking them for rides when they are around 2 months old of course I take a carrier just incase they get fiesty. This helps to prepare them for roaming the house. So by the time they are about 3 months old I let them out to roam. Keep in mind I don't take my eyes off of them not even for a second an it's only for short periods. :wink:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
That is so sweet, so what your saying is that they jump to the rim, and leave the viv that way? Mine have done that a few times, but I paniced, because their vivs are so high off the floor.

Thanks for all the info and pics, I'm trying to figure out how to post pics of my new baby as well............ but I look forward to hearing about all your family, daily, thanks again.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Okay Itty Bitty is driving me nuts today. :banghead: :lol:
Again today she doesn't want to stay in her viv.
But she has added a twist to the situation. :roll: :lol:
Today she will jump back out within 10 minutes of me putting her back.. okay... but here's
the twist. After about 2 or 3 minutes of running around she is trying to get back into her viv. :roll: :banghead: :?

~Scratching head~
She is either going to force me to be a mean mommy and lock her in by putting on the screen or cause me to build her a ramp.

She's reminding me of a little kid in an out.......in an out..........in an out!

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Barbara,

Is Itty Bitty a member of Tatsu's Army? She may be in training, testing your limits or trying other subversive techniques. I know my guys are up to something at times, and you'd think it is a conspiracy. As long as the guys can't get to her, and there aren't any other hazards to her health, a ramp so she can get in-n-out on her own might be a good idea. It is wonderful to see how secure she is being home again! :love5: to all!

MaryAnn

atreyu917

Juvie Member
fresnowitte":ca3a1 said:
She's reminding me of a little kid in an out.......in an out..........in an out!

Sounds like my cats. Except its from front door to back door. haha.

Kelsey

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks MaryAnn! Sometimes it feels like a conspiracy but actually I think I've figured it out.
This is her way of making sure that I'm giving her attention and not someone else.
I told you she was spoiled well she is right back to where she was when she left.
Spoiled rotten little beardie. :mrgreen:

Oh Kelsey don't get me started on the cats. I have one Metro that will sit at the cat door and just tap at it....when it stops swinging he will do it again......and again................ for hours sometimes.
I think he's loosing it. Sometimes I think I'm gonna loose it listening to that flap on the door swinging and swinging. :banghead: :lol:

atreyu917

Juvie Member
ha ha that made me laugh. One of my cats would stand up and start scratching the glass on our screen door and it's the most hideous noise...ever. My cats seriously are too lazy to walk around the house so they will scream at the back door till we let them in, then walk straight through, and start clawing at the front door. haha.

Silly kitties. When i get back from running an errand i think i will post pictures of all my other pets. hah

Kelsey

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
I was thinking she might have been talking with Tatsu, but it may be the cats enlisting her FOR Tatsu. Didn't I read that he is recruting cats too. Watch out Barb, I think you are out-numbered! :lol:

Sandy H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom