Itty Bitty Is Finally Back Home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hooray..Welcome Home Itty Bitty :blob5: :blob8:

Barbara she is a real beauty.I am so happy you got her back.Now she can be part of our little BD.org family as well :mrgreen: .I am glad everything worked oot for you.That must have been really scary for you when he tried backtracking on your deal.Now big sis is home with her little brothers and life is good :D

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
beardie osk":0ca16 said:
Hello Barbara,

Boy, I'd never believe a few years ago, that I'd be crying over story's concerning beardies, (although I'm pretty sappy when it comes to animals, etc.) These have been happy tears.............. thank-you for a fairy tale ending.............. to a sweet beardie, itty bitty!

Again............................you and Frank are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
DITTO!!!!!! :D :D :D :blob5: :blob8:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you MaryAnn, Beardie Parents, Vicky, and Michele!

Vicky I was beyond scared when they weren't wanting to give her up. I was so frustrated and mad at that point tears began to pour out of my eyes and down my face to the floor as I grit my teeth. I was close to loosing control. But that would have only caused Frank to explode that would not have been good.
But she is home that is all that matters now.

Yes she is now part of our BD.org family thanks everyone for giving her such a warm welcome. :D

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
puppytoes72":5b51f said:
beardie osk":5b51f said:
Hello Barbara,

Boy, I'd never believe a few years ago, that I'd be crying over story's concerning beardies, (although I'm pretty sappy when it comes to animals, etc.) These have been happy tears.............. thank-you for a fairy tale ending.............. to a sweet beardie, itty bitty!

Again............................you and Frank are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
DITTO!!!!!! :D :D :D :blob5: :blob8:

Thanks Michele, it's nice to have a kindred spirit when it comes to our beardies!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
:headbang: :blob8: :notworthy: :blob8: Itty Bitty is back home. That's wonderful. Congrats Barbara & Frank, we're all proud of you for getting her back to join the rest of the beardie family. :love5:

She is adorable and looks quite spoiled already. You can tell by looking at her facial expressions that she is very proud & content. Those baths must have felt heavenly to her, I know how much Sabrina loves hers. I love her tank setup. Those pictures are precious. So, be honest, how many cuddles has she gotten so far? :wink:

Thanks SO much for sharing all the details of this wonderful reunion & the amazing pictures. We'll expect LOTS more pictures of your sweetie.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you so much Diane! :D

Seriously I'm having a hard time leaving her under her MVB I just want to hold her, like I am now. :love5:
I'm so grateful that I was able to bring her home. She was such a spoiled rotten little thing when we made that horrible choice last year to give her up. I'm not one that would normally give up one of my pets especially to a pet store. I can say it is not something I will ever do again. That was one of the badest choices I've ever made!

I'm very grateful to the young man at the store that actually made the purchase for his boss. Because he knew of the healthy stock she came from and convienced his boss to put he in the NFS tank if it were not for that young man which is no longer with them I would not have had the opportunity to get her back. The next time I see this young man I am definately giving him a big hug. He new me well enough to know that I'd regret giving her up. Sense he left this particular store the beardie care has gone down hill. It was becomeing progressively harder to see her there. She was in the end being kept on calcium sand with several other beardies. Many of them were loosing digits. Thank God she is still complete......well she is missing the nail on her longest toe on her back right foot. It is broke off all the way to the nail bed but she still has a nail bed so I'm hopeing it will grow back in time.

My biggest concern at this moment with her is she was on calcium sand. I hate that stuff. Not only because of all of the health risks but it really screws their skin up as well. Making their skin discolored, thick, and her nostrils are clogged. Parasites are a given. :banghead:

I don't feel any impaction but that doesn't mean she is not. I've been bathing her but she still hasn't gone poop which is beginning to worry me. I can not find any pumpkin baby food I'm heading to the store to buy a fresh pumpkin just so I can prepare it for her. Diane should I cook it or just shed it up?
I really would like to wait a few weeks before she goes to the vet as I don't want them treating for parasites and coccidia until she has fully settled in. I made a mistake last year by taking my others in for testing and treatment right after changing and moving eveyones set-ups. (didn't know better at that time)
And poor Ms. Tiggs has had a hard time springing back from all the med's and laying infertile clutches all summer.

I'm liking her set-up better than I thought I would an I think she is too. I would have preferred to have her in a larger one but I really am out of room.

She got to sit outside yesterday in the outdoor enclosure she thought that was great. We didn't have it when she lived here before this is new to her.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Cooking the pumpkin will make it lose some of its nutrients, but cooked,warm pumpkin will help her poop.I would say boil it,mash it up and serve it to her slightly warm.You can add a little bit of calcium and vitamins to it too :D

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you Michele! :D
I bought the pumpkin, I'm going to try one more long bath, if she still doesn't go I'll boil some of it and try.
With all that she has eaten sense she's come home she should be ready to let it out I hope. :puke: :lol:

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Katherine is in love with another of your beardies, Barbara. :love5: I am having a hard time explaining why you gave her up. I'm just glad you got her back. I just can't imagine feeling that guilt for a year. :(
You must be so relieved. Enjoy her, and post lots of picts, please. We love picts. :blob8: :blob8:

Sandy H

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
She bathed for close to an hour yesterday in a bath just a bit warmer than usual.
I massaged her belly and could feel the hard plug.

:blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: Yes! We Have Poop! :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8:

I didn't see her take it but it surely must have been painful. I have never........ not even with Ms. Piggy seen such a hard urate.

Yes I know I'm sick because I had to break out with the rubber glove an examine it. :laughing6: :help: :bleick:
The urate was so hard that I ended up trying to see how hard it actually was so I took it outside to try and break it. Well that was impossible with the bare hand so I tried with a rock which then I had success but still was difficult to break with the rock.

Poor baby I'm sure she will start feeling better now that must have been so uncomfortable. :cry:

protiemama":d0f42 said:
Katherine is in love with another of your beardies, Barbara. :love5: I am having a hard time explaining why you gave her up. I'm just glad you got her back. I just can't imagine feeling that guilt for a year. :(
You must be so relieved. Enjoy her, and post lots of picts, please. We love picts. :blob8: :blob8:

Sandy H
Sandy I'm not sure how you can explain to Katherine why I got rid of Itty Bitty in the first place. But I had promised my husband that I wasn't going to keep any babies from the clutch that she came from. It wasn't until we noticed that she wasn't growning like all of the rest of her clutch that I convenced my husband to let me keep her for awhile. Of couse I had no intentions of letting her go after just a few months but my husband held me to my promise. :cry: :roll: :cry:
Let Katherine know that even big people make wrong choices and mistakes. :wink:

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, we all do indeed make some really bad choices. Sounds like you fixed that one just in time. How could they have neglected her soooo badly? :angry5: It must have hurt her so to have that stuck inside. I am so glad she is getting the love and care she needs to thrive now. You are a great beardie mommy.

Sandy H

maxattack

Juvie Member
fresnowitte":29f57 said:
Yes I know I'm sick because I had to break out with the rubber glove an examine it. :laughing6: :help: :bleick:

:shock: At least you wore a glove! :puke: :wink:

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Aw, Itty Bitty is adorable. I'm so glad she's back home where she belongs, and that she passed that hard urate. She must feel like a million bucks! :blob8:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you Sandy and Sandi! :D
I'd say she definately feels better today. She looks rather comfortable here.
100_5565.jpg

She really needs to shed her nostrils they are clogged from the dusty sand. :(
Hopefully lots of baths will help.
100_5553.jpg

Strange sleeping position. :lol:
100_5559.jpg

It looks as if she may be getting ready to shed her head. Yes let's get rid of that calcium skin
and hopefully shed those clogged nostrils.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
I spotted something in one of those photos that I just have to point out...
ittybitty.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom