Its a boy! (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I just thought that i would give an update on my little guy, _______. Yep, he still has no name. I have had him for over a month, but if it weren't for people on this site and others, he may not still be around. I would have soaked up all the advice from :twisted: Petco :twisted: and done it all wrong. And for that, i want to say thanks. He just finished shedding his tail yesterday, now he has to finish his head, then it starts all over. Here are a bunch of pics I took of him today.
IMG_0396.jpg
IMG_0397.jpg
He really likes his greens, but only if I hand feed him.
IMG_0399.jpg
IMG_0399.jpg
IMG_0400.jpg
IMG_0401.jpg
IMG_0403.jpg
IMG_0404.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg
IMG_0406.jpg
Next pic, he is such a little fatty!
IMG_0407.jpg
He HATES his baths.
IMG_0408.jpg
IMG_0409.jpg
IMG_0410.jpg
My dog, Scout, get EXTREMELY jealous whenever I pay attention to the beardie or my leopard gecko. So I took some pics of her.
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0415.jpg
IMG_0416.jpg
I forgot to get a pic of my leo, but I'll try to get one tomorrow. Thanks for looking!

Andy

AndyT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So, today I went to the Oaks PA show! I was very excited to be there! It was nice, saw some interesting reptiles, and met Tom and his crew from TND dragons. There were some really nice set ups with nice reptiles and people, but then there were some that were just awful. For instance, there were several large monitors(at several different tables) in small buckets. Or the 3 or more huge iguanas in one hamster cage. So, as some people predicted, it wasn't all that great. The thing that made me the most sad I think was the Uromastyxs(since for months I wanted one((still do)) and had planned on getting one there), there were 2 20 gallon tanks with about 20 in each, and this woman had one out and was petting it and saying how much he loved being pet. They HATE to be handled or pet. The poor guy was terrified of her. And since the prices were so low from some of these "breeders", I don't think Tom made a sale. But the good didn't outweigh the bad. There were some GORGEOUS dragons for sale at TND and Chris Allen, and plenty more. There were also really nice geckos. There was a stunning RAPTOR for only 60$, but my mother didn't like it, so I didn't get it. Anyway, it was very interesting. Now to the good news, I got a new baby Leopard gecko! He is a Mack snow-(TSM?) (100% het las vegas
50% patternless, blizzard) 150%? If anyone could decipher that for me it would be great. I don't plan to breed him/her, so it doesn't matter, but I'd like to understand it. Pics!
IMG_0548.jpg
IMG_0549.jpg
IMG_0550.jpg
IMG_0552.jpg
IMG_0553.jpg
IMG_0554.jpg
IMG_0555.jpg
IMG_0556.jpg
IMG_0558.jpg
IMG_0559.jpg

No name yet, but I'm really leaning towards Jade if its a female. I like it. In retrospect, maybe I should've taken more pics of the expo. Oh well...

I had a really nice time and got to see some nice animals, and meet some good people so I'm really glad I went! Plus I got my new baby.

Thanks for reading!

Andy

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
cute leo! i'm not sure how the percentages work out - maybe it's some sort of breeder lingo - or the breeder just mislabeled or something?

AndyT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks! It seems like its mislabeled, but yeah it probably means something to breeders.

Andy

AndyT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I love the new gecko to bits, but I haven't forgotten about ol' no name. (I can feel a name coming for the dragon!) His reptiworms are shipped today so he's been on crickets. He is NOT happy with this. I give him around 20 large a day and he still stares at me for MORE. Its just a disappointed angry scowl telling me that the petty offering of food was not enough. Not to worry, though, on Wednesday he shall have reptiworms. I'm really hoping they'll last, its 500 large. But this time he'll have to share with a new roommate lol. (Not cagemate, roommate) My goal is for him to be 11" (he's about 9" now) by the time he finishes the worms. If he reaches my goal, I'll reward him by ordering more. If he doesn't, I'll most likely still buy more :roll: Now that I've filled all my tanks I should be content, but Petco is having another tank sale :banghead: I have to try really hard not to get a 40 gallon Breeder :banghead: 11 days till school :cry:

Andy

AndyT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The reptiworms have arrived! He ate 42! I spoiled him because he seems to love them so much, 10 are gone in a few seconds. They are just the best. I did maintenance on the Dubia colony, and I realized that they are getting big. So tomorrow will be dubia day! I only want a few to reach adulthood, so I'm going to feed him a bunch of the mediums( medium as in slightly bigger than a baby LOL) He's definitely getting bigger by the day, its becoming noticeable. I promise to get pics up today or tomorrow because I haven't posted many lately.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great Andy that he ate 42 of the reptiworms, that must have made you very happy. Hope he munches down on the dubias for you too, the medium size should be fine. So, he's growing daily, what a wonderful sign, that means he'll be shedding shortly too. :D

Your gecko is adorable, how is his appetite?

definitions

Juvie Member
Hi, Andy I my self am also in the market for a leo. I'm hoping to hit the show coming up on the 18th here in california. Maybe I can find a good deal like you. If I can't then there is a breeder near me that has great gecko's. Glad you found something you liked at the show you went to. Reptiworms are great aren't they!!! :D I'm sure your dragon and gecko will be happy and healthy pets!!! Peace!

AndyT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Diane- Yep, he's eating 40 plus daily. He also loves his dubias, but they're going to be a treat until the colony decides to grow. And you are right, he is shedding his body, head, and tail. I can't wait until his body sheds, because I think that his orange links on his back are going to come out as a deep red-orange.

The gecko's appetite is questionable. He's not eating much, maybe a few mealworms a day. He is still eating and active, so I'm hoping that he will decide to eat more soon.

definitions- I'm sure you'll find plenty of great deals on great geckos! There were plenty of geckos at the Oaks show, so the Califdornia show will probably have 10 times as many. Reptiworms are the best! Thanks!

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom