Its a boy! (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I just thought that i would give an update on my little guy, _______. Yep, he still has no name. I have had him for over a month, but if it weren't for people on this site and others, he may not still be around. I would have soaked up all the advice from :twisted: Petco :twisted: and done it all wrong. And for that, i want to say thanks. He just finished shedding his tail yesterday, now he has to finish his head, then it starts all over. Here are a bunch of pics I took of him today.
IMG_0396.jpg
IMG_0397.jpg
He really likes his greens, but only if I hand feed him.
IMG_0399.jpg
IMG_0399.jpg
IMG_0400.jpg
IMG_0401.jpg
IMG_0403.jpg
IMG_0404.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg
IMG_0406.jpg
Next pic, he is such a little fatty!
IMG_0407.jpg
He HATES his baths.
IMG_0408.jpg
IMG_0409.jpg
IMG_0410.jpg
My dog, Scout, get EXTREMELY jealous whenever I pay attention to the beardie or my leopard gecko. So I took some pics of her.
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0415.jpg
IMG_0416.jpg
I forgot to get a pic of my leo, but I'll try to get one tomorrow. Thanks for looking!

Andy

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your beardie is absolutely adorable, love the way he stuck his little tongue out in one of the pics. He looks like he's trying to be tough in the gaping pictures. Just think, his coloring is going to get even brighter. So, you're having a hard time deciding a name? That can be difficult sometimes.
Sorry to hear he doesn't like his baths. Have you tried putting a washcloth or hand towel down in the bottom to see if that might make him feel more secure? That made a big difference when mine were young.

Scout is very beautiful. A little spoiled perhaps? :p

AndyT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks! He usually won't gape at me, but when he saw the camera he did. I'll try the cloth on the floor of the bath next time. And yes, perhaps the most spoiled dog in all the world.

Andy

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Isn't it cute when they eat greens out of your hand? Misty will still do that sometimes but the others look at me like I have 2 heads when I try with them. :roll:

I guess he was trying to look tough for the camera then. :lol:

AndyT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So cute. The only reason I even took the pics was because he jumped up on the driftwood and just tilted his head and stared at me when I went to give him some. Haha just goes to show that all dragons have different personalities.

Yeah, big bad baby gonna scare off the evil camera lol. And look tough for everyone on BD.org :roll:

tedrickrumohr

Hatchling Member
You have such a pretty beardie! Congrats on him/her! Always nice to see an owner that enjoys their bearded dragon :) I'd love to see a dragon that enjoys baths haha. Thanks for sharing, and hope to see more pics and hear more stories!

AndyT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks! I intend to keep sharing pics and stories as he gets older, it seems like a lot of people do that here and those posts get tons of attention!

Andy

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Andy, your gecko is adorable too, what's his/her name?

Did you try the cloth down in the bottom of the bath yet to see if it helps him enjoy the bath better?

I'd love to see a dragon that enjoys baths haha.
All 4 of our beardies love their baths and have from day 1, they would each stay in for an hr if I let them. :lol:

AndyT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm not good with thinking of names.... gecko names included lol :oops: I have been trying to think of a name for her since I could tell she was female, but no luck. I was going to try the cloth idea today, but he was asleep when I went to give him the bath so I left him alone. Some days he goes to sleep like 2 hours before lights out, and some days he'll be roaming around in the dark. I promise I'll try it tomorrow. Early.

Andy

AndyT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok. I think he'll enjoy it because he's constantly clinging to the edges, like he's going to drown, maybe a cloth will give him some reassurance.

Andy

AndyT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I gave him a bath with a towel/rag on the bottom today, and it worked! I filled his bath up with nice warm water, then I rinsed the cloth in hot water and put it on the bottom. He was so relaxed and calm this time! He could just walk around or float without being stresses. He even swan a little! Thanks, Diane! Sorry I didn't get any pics, by the time i remembered to, he pooped in the water, so I put him back in his tank to warm up.

Andy

PuffyLuv123

Hatchling Member
Cute beardie! I got my lil' Puff on saturday (Aug. 7). Bearded Dragon are wonderful creatures! Just don't feed too many crickets er else they'll stop eating salad! (I gotta get Puff to eat it again :( ) meh. I'll post sum pics soon!

Yay Bearded Lizards!

AndyT

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks! My guy loves his salads, so I don't think I have to worry too much. Try butternut squash, they can't get enough.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom