Is this tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camden17

A few days ago he was shedding and when the shed came off he had some blood underneath the scales. Now it looks like this.
72419536-1B22-4088-96F8-F0C8B6E1BCA2.jpeg
CEABB70A-012B-461F-BAA3-B79A8F11FA0D.jpeg
C096F6C1-156F-49B7-95D2-222A7980C002.jpeg
4D4343E9-BFF4-43DE-ADA2-F5C0B1BE6562.jpeg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No, that doesn't look like yellow fungus. Did that area have a little retained -tight shed and anyone pull on it ? Did you put anything on it ? You can use a little Neosporin or raw honey on it.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Oh sorry,

On my phone it looked way different for some reason and it looked like fungus! but now, im on my computer and now it doesn't look like it!;P

Camden17

Original Poster
No, that doesn't look like yellow fungus. Did that area have a little retained -tight shed and anyone pull on it ? Did you put anything on it ? You can use a little Neosporin or raw honey on it.
Oh okay good got freaked out for a minute. So it wasn’t really retained, just a normal shed, but he was sleeping in a blanket and my brother kinda rolled him in it which made the shedding kind of open up in the middle. I did put the honey on it when it was first bleeding. So should I just add honey and keep an eye on it to see if it heals?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I concur, it is simply retained scales, no tail rot. Just put some aloe vera gel, or silver gel on it to help the scales
shed off.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom