Stuck shed. Tail Rot?

jaketj34

My bearded dragon is almost 2yrs and has been shedding his tail for a few weeks now. I haven’t seen any progress in the end of his tail the last week or two and I’m concerned now. Today when getting him out for his bath I noticed the end of his tail felt a little stiff and he did not seem to like me touching it. When I looked closer I saw a ring of shed that looks like it’s tight on his tail not breaking (in picture) . Worried it’s causing circulation loss and will lead to tail rot or could that be the issue he has already. Any advise?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 230
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 92

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon is almost 2yrs and has been shedding his tail for a few weeks now. I haven’t seen any progress in the end of his tail the last week or two and I’m concerned now. Today when getting him out for his bath I noticed the end of his tail felt a little stiff and he did not seem to like me touching it. When I looked closer I saw a ring of shed that looks like it’s tight on his tail not breaking (in picture) . Worried it’s causing circulation loss and will lead to tail rot or could that be the issue he has already. Any advise?
Tails get dark in the water- the shed peeling is normal

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If your really concerned you could put a little coconut oil on it to soften and relax the shed

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The tail appears normal. Shedding makes it i pretty hard sometimes to determine issues due to
the pigmentation changes & everything. Does the end of it seem pliable & soft or hard & rigid?

Tracie

jaketj34

Original Poster
Hello,

The tail appears normal. Shedding makes it i pretty hard sometimes to determine issues due to
the pigmentation changes & everything. Does the end of it seem pliable & soft or hard & rigid?

Tracie
The tip of his tail seeems pretty stiff and when I try to move it he pulls away.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The tails are a bit stiff at the end, but still flexible enough to where you can move it.

Tracie

ccnmeru

I feel like I am having the same problem. Our baby she is 5 yrs old. The middle of her tail looks a little swollen. Her tail is very very limp when I’m touching it but when in the bathtub to use restroom it gets a little stiff. Getting a little worried.

Attachments

• IMG_3210.jpeg
    IMG_3210.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3211.jpeg
    IMG_3211.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3212.jpeg
    IMG_3212.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3213.jpeg
    IMG_3213.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 66

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Has your dragon's tail shed yet, how is it looking? Let us know how things are coming along.

@ccnmeru: Please start your own thread just so we can keep everything together & not
interrupt the OP's thread. We will be happy to help with your dragon's tail. How long have you
been having trouble with her tail?

Tracie

ccnmeru

Hello,

Has your dragon's tail shed yet, how is it looking? Let us know how things are coming along.

@ccnmeru: Please start your own thread just so we can keep everything together & not
interrupt the OP's thread. We will be happy to help with your dragon's tail. How long have you
been having trouble with her tail?

Tracie
Hello,
I don’t know if I’m doing this correctly regarding the thread. I’m very new to this. He tail is starting to shed now but very slowly. She is currently sleeping but I will post a picture this evening. I have been putting the aloe Vera from the plant itself and it seems to be working.

ccnmeru

Well here is an update guys!! Soaking since she just laid 9 infertile eggs on 8/8.

Attachments

• IMG_3246.jpeg
    IMG_3246.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3245.jpeg
    IMG_3245.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 58

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom