Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NibblezBeardie

Hatchling Member
My friends just got a Beardie named Wynter a few days ago, and he/she keeps running around the tank and not letting them hold him/her. Nibbles was never like this. Is it Nibbles that’s weird or Wynter?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Without more info on the tank and lighting and basking temps and just background we can't help? Where is wynter? Are there 2 beardies in the same tank?
Karrie

NibblezBeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
There are not two in the same tank, Wynter is my friend’s. I use a 75 watt Zoo Med bulb and a Zoo Med tube UVA light for Nibbles, I will ask my friend for temps. But they were like this on the first days we had them, they were not affected by our lighting yet. I got Nibbles from a family owned pet store and my friend got hers from a chain, either Petco or Pet Supplies Plus.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The beardie that your friend got is a baby? Please go over both setups for the tank
size of tank (s)
UVB for both tanks coils or tubes - if tubes what are they T 5 or T 8's
where are they in the tank or on top of screen
basking temps and how are they being taken ? infrared heat gun stick ons or digital probe?
the two most important thing in that tanks (s) is the basking temps and the UVB -- that is going to control the eating and the OVER ALL health of the dragon ---- if he does not have these correct he will get sick - most of the time you cant tell cuz they hide the illness very well - until its almost too late or it is too late
Karrie

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
NibblezBeardie":25gic23n said:
My friends just got a Beardie named Wynter a few days ago, and he/she keeps running around the tank and not letting them hold him/her. Nibbles was never like this. Is it Nibbles that’s weird or Wynter?
Probably relocation stress tell them to put towels over the tank and that could help a bit so he/she can get used to the tank first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom