Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon is asleep on a high tree log perch I have for him in his tank, is this normal for him to sleep up this high rather than on the bottom of the tank?

irieone42

:blob5: my little guy sleeps in some crazy spots lol. i think he gets to chillin in a spot and passes out :lol: i have seen him hanging, i mean really hanging just holding himself with front legs, HANGING sound asleep! lmao sooo funny looking. should of took a pic :angry5:

SirBeardie

Seems perfectly normal! My oldest does it, too. In fact, this is how I found him just this morning:

80248-4996717884.jpg

Ever since I put that log in his tank, he hasn't slept anywhere else.

irieone42

SirBeardie":2ydx4otq said:
Seems perfectly normal! My oldest does it, too. In fact, this is how I found him just this morning:

80248-4996717884.jpg

Ever since I put that log in his tank, he hasn't slept anywhere else.
so Fing funny

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I've read Coastal Bearded Dragons (a cousin species) overnight up in trees, I can't help but think our guys wild counter parts might too.

That thread is priceless :D

Pepper will conk out at just about the highest possible perch some nights (about 3' off the ground).

Ofthelime

Hatchling Member
Totally normal. Think in nature everything that wants to kill you at night us on the ground. Chickens also sleep in trees provided they can. The other advantage is waking up in the warmest spot.

[Click image to enlarge]

That's so cute :D

My dragon sleeps on the basking spot, under the basking spot, and in a cork round. Sometimes I find him hanging on the side of the basking spot sleeping(looks hilarious). It is perfectly normal for them to sleep in different locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom