Is this bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-r

Is it bad that my dragon is this close to the uvb? She likes to be right up next to it if I move her she walks back over could this be bad for her eyes?
image.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is it bad that my dragon is this close to the uvb? She likes to be right up next to it if I move her she walks back over could this be bad for her eyes? View attachment 67210
If your using a coil please get rid of it --- shes not getting enough UVB if shes trying to get right on it --- I see a green hue is that the green plants giving off the hue--- you want a long tube fixture for a UVB --- and yes certain UVB's are bad for eyes along w/ MVB's as well ]
please go over the UVB details and the basking light some of those are not good either --- we can recommend UVB fixtures and basking bulbs

Adam-r

Original Poster
If your using a coil please get rid of it --- shes not getting enough UVB if shes trying to get right on it --- I see a green hue is that the green plants giving off the hue--- you want a long tube fixture for a UVB --- and yes certain UVB's are bad for eyes along w/ MVB's as well ]
please go over the UVB details and the basking light some of those are not good either --- we can recommend UVB fixtures and basking bulbs
Can you see the picture I attached it’s a t8 uvb long tube I have a mercury vapor bulb as well but using it for heat the green hue only comes up on the camera

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Can you see the picture I attached it’s a t8 uvb long tube I have a mercury vapor bulb as well but using it for heat the green hue only comes up on the camera
Ok the T 8 needs to go inside the tank I really couldnt see the lights very good - please get the T 8 in the tank directly above the basking decor 6-8 inches -- NO clear plastic cover over the bulb please - take it off if there is one - what brand and bulb are you using? I can post some stuff to help you hang it if you like-- where is the MVB and what brand are you using? I see the two domes and you have a wide holed screen it looks like - if you upgrade to a T 5 you would be able to put that on top of the screen but the T 8 MUST go inside the tank they are not strong enough to go thru screen

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok the T 8 needs to go inside the tank I really couldnt see the lights very good - please get the T 8 in the tank directly above the basking decor 6-8 inches -- NO clear plastic cover over the bulb please - take it off if there is one - what brand and bulb are you using? I can post some stuff to help you hang it if you like-- where is the MVB and what brand are you using? I see the two domes and you have a wide holed screen it looks like - if you upgrade to a T 5 you would be able to put that on top of the screen but the T 8 MUST go inside the tank they are not strong enough to go thru screen
Ok so w/ the Zilla bulb is not a very good bulb please swap it out for a reptisun 10.0 T 8- your dragon will be happier-

Adam-r

Original Poster
Yes the t8 is already in the tank with the plastic cover off. When it comes time to change it I’ll upgrade to the reptisun. I have 2 thrive mercury vapor bulb 100w which came with the tank off Craigslist I heard the thrive brand didint emit enough uvb which is why I got the t8 along with it but I’m keeping them for heat & the small lamp is a ceramic heat emitter for night

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
My concern was just her being to close to it
She's not getting enough uvb is my guess if that bulb is over 6 months old it's expired- I recommend changing T 8's out at about 5 months- those thrive mvb's are not good except maybe giving good heat - we have certain mvb's we recommend in the forum -

Adam-r

Original Poster
She's not getting enough uvb is my guess if that bulb is over 6 months old it's expired- I recommend changing T 8's out at about 5 months- those thrive mvb's are not good except maybe giving good heat - we have certain mvb's we recommend in the forum -
The bulb is only about a month old & yes I only use the Thrive bulb for heat I was just worried about her eyes being harmed

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The bulb is only about a month old & yes I only use the Thrive bulb for heat I was just worried about her eyes being harmed
Reptisun bulbs are one of the safest lights to use-- is this the light she's sitting so close to it the basking light- can you post a pic of the tank please so we can better help- also what are your basking temps and how are you taking them--

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
To answer your question, yes that is dangerously close and can possibly be causing eye trauma. It's best to move it out of reach ASAP, at least 8 inches away. The dragon might be up high trying to get closer to the heat. How many watts is your heat bulb, what are the temps. in the tank and how are you measuring them. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeenaD11
Top Bottom