Is there anything noticeably wrong with my bearded. please help I’m running out ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeBonitch

Original Poster

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 67

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
This is my current set up
Sorry to say hes going to need a bigger tank but the tank is nice and clean -- hes outgrown that tank --- you can look for a 75-120 gallon w / front doors on Craigslist or FB marketplace it will need to be sanitized real good first if you find one --- but for now lets get your lighting and temps corrected - I see hes got some black bearding going that is incorrect basking temps and incorrect UVB --

LukeBonitch

Original Poster
Sorry to say hes going to need a bigger tank but the tank is nice and clean -- hes outgrown that tank --- you can look for a 75-120 gallon w / front doors on Craigslist or FB marketplace it will need to be sanitized real good first if you find one --- but for now lets get your lighting and temps corrected - I see hes got some black bearding going that is incorrect basking temps and incorrect UVB --
There is no possible way I will be able to get a bigger tank I cannot find any within my budget I’ve looked and looked and I’m sorry but I’m gonna be selfish and keep it in the 40gallon with proper light fixtures.

LukeBonitch

Original Poster
There is no possible way I will be able to get a bigger tank I cannot find any within my budget I’ve looked and looked and I’m sorry but I’m gonna be selfish and keep it in the 40gallon with proper light fixtures.
I know it’s not the right thing to do but I know multiple people with healthy bearded in 40 gallon tanks.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes they have probes
ok so it is your call -- but I would try and get the Zoo Meds I posted and get that UVB ordered please ---- most pet stores do not carry what I posted ---- you can order all this from pangeareptiles these people are fast and good ---- for now I guess I would get ONE of the probes so you have it now to get those basking temps in order and order one from pangea

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok well in time just get her out so she can run a couple of hrs per day as often as possible then :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok well in time just get her out so she can run a couple of hrs per day as often as possible then :)
the glass surfing could be the tank is too small as well but getting her out is going to help along w/ correct UVB and temps :)

LukeBonitch

Original Poster
ok so it is your call -- but I would try and get the Zoo Meds I posted and get that UVB ordered please ---- most pet stores do not carry what I posted ---- you can order all this from pangeareptiles these people are fast and good ---- for now I guess I would get ONE of the probes so you have it now to get those basking temps in order and order one from pangea
How should I go about putting the thermometer in the tank with the probe?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How should I go about putting the thermometer in the tank with the probe?
Take and place on the spot where she sits for basking wait 10 min or so watch it temp should be 95-100 but the bulb needs to warm up good like I would say a couple of hrs before getting the actual temp -- you dont need to leave the probe there stick it on the side of the basking side its going to give you air or ambient temps then they should be in the 90's which is good -- when the other probe comes if you order it from pangea place that probe on the side of the tank cool side it will give ambient temps 80's during the day and then at nite check the temps first thing before lights on --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom