is there anything besides crickets a baby can eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
he's a cutie! :love5:
You could try decreasing the basking temps by about 5 degrees and see if maybe that would get him to bask? Some dragons are particular about their basking temperatures. (Our adult male refuses to bask if the temps are even 3* too high! :shock: Picky little grump. I only accidentally had his temps too high twice, but he didn't sleep while he was refusing to bask. He just kinda sat next to his basking spot and glared at me lol.)
Are there any lights in his tank at night? That could keep him awake at night and make him sleepy during the day.
Edit: Sorry for barging in on the middle of your conversation lol :oops: Wanted to post the basking temp idea before I forgot

VeggieLoven

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
nothings on at night but i do sleep with music i keep it soft for him and he seems to b sleeping threw the night he doesnt move or anything

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
randommonks":2avg5ma7 said:
You have two heat lamps or is one of them UVB?

It might be a good idea to make a vet appointment for him soon. It sounds like he might be taking a turn for the worse :(

VeggieLoven

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yeah i have two heat lamps and ill make an apointment for tomarrow asap. i did contact my vet so she at least knows hes sick

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Ok good! Hopefully the vet will be able to find some way to perk him up. I also have a 40 gallon tank, and a single 75W bulb is enough to bring his basking spot to around 100, so I'm wondering if he's just overheated.

VeggieLoven

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i acturaly did turn down one of his lights and hes walking around and hunting. maybe he was just too hot though my thermomiter says its only 90 but hey if he gets better who cares

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
What UVB are you using? Is it the tube kind? I would move the UVB to the other end of the enclosure so that it's all on the hot side instead of over in the cool side.

VeggieLoven

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i use a tube repisun 10 but he hasn't been eating his calcium dusted crickets and i ran out of mustard greens and had to use kale till i got back to the store. if he has this is there anything i can do for him now till his vet appointment. oh and he's now pooping after i gave him a bath and tummy rub

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
That's good about the poo (surprising to say)! :lol:

If you're feeding him baby food and he's eating it, you can mix the calcium or vitamin powder in that. MBD is normally a slowset disease so it doesn't seem likely (but I don't have a lot of experience with it). The vet can do bloodwork and tell you how his calcium levels are doing. He should be getting some calcium from the baby food and kale. Is he eating better now?

It might be that you have a defective temp thermometer. What brand are you using?

VeggieLoven

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
im not sure the brand i have like three and they all say different things and ithought kale took away calcium (this is what my vet told me) he has been going down hill for a week

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Kale has calcium in it but it also contains oxalates which bind with calcium. More than likely, he's still getting some calcium, but kale isn't the best veggie for them. Did you make that vet appointment? If he's been down for a week, more than likely it's best he sees a vet.

VeggieLoven

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yes hes going in thursday morning hopefuly he can make it till then and the phoenix worms should come in tomarrow so i hope he gobbles them up too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom