is there anything besides crickets a baby can eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeggieLoven

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
my vet described meelies like ice cream one is okay once a month or once a couple of months but theres not enough nutrition to b a staple for given more then that

VeggieLoven

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hes doing better. im figureing out he doesnt like to eat in the mornings but after 2 he will eat anything in site lol so ive started feeding him at 2 and 4:30-5 ish and if he eats some when he wakes up at 7 am thats great too

VeggieLoven

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hey guys yall were so helpfull last time but i need some more help. hes taken a turn for the worst now he only eat 1 cricket a day. idk what to do im gana try baby food but is there any worms that are good to and where can i get them im super worried.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Have you tried a probiotic supplement or some soy yogurt for his tummy after those deworming meds? Since medications wipe out the good bacteria in their tummy, and probiotics put those good bacteria back in, probiotics will help his appetite. :)

And did you get your basking temperatures increased yet? If temps aren't high enough a dragon won't want to eat either, since they won't be able to digest if they're not warm enough.

VeggieLoven

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i got the temps up by using two lights. its now in the hounderds what kind of yogert is safe for him?

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
VeggieLoven":30h4mk2m said:
i got the temps up by using two lights. its now in the hounderds what kind of yogert is safe for him?

What is the exact temperature of his basking spot. Too hot and it'll dehyrate him quickly

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Soy yogurt is what you'll need, since beardies can't digest dairy very well. I used Plain flavor for my dragon because I didn't know if the extra sugars in a flavored one would be an issue, but other people on here have used fruit flavors for their dragons and they've been fine! :) (I had to mix the Plain flavor with apple baby food to get Brick to eat it though. It was kind of a pain and I'd recommend just going with a flavored yogurt, lol! :wink:)
You can snag soy yogurt at any grocery store, it's usually in the regular yogurt section. And if a grocery store somehow doesn't have any, then a health food store definitely will. :)

VeggieLoven

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
okay thanks im gana start giving him baby food anyways so ill try the plain if he doesnt like it ill eat it lol

warac67

Hatchling Member
I had a similar problem with my first beardie. First, 95F is not hot enough for his basking temp for babies and juvenile's they need temps 110-115F. If the temperature isn't high enough the beardie won't be able to digest his food properly and it will sit in his stomach. This will be very uncomfortable and make the beardie not want to eat anything else. I would recommend maybe buying a ceramic heat emitter to jack up the heat so your beardie would be more comfortable. Do you notice any dark spots on your beardie that shouldn't be there? Just wondering if your beardie has the same problem mine had. Also, pheonix worms are great for beardies who won't eat crickets they are filled with calicum (also known as calcium worms) and move slowly so they're easy to catch but move enough to keep the beardie interested in it. I hope this helps! Good luck!

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
warac67":2psrpvt7 said:
I had a similar problem with my first beardie. First, 95F is not hot enough for his basking temp for babies and juvenile's they need temps 110-115F. If the temperature isn't high enough the beardie won't be able to digest his food properly and it will sit in his stomach

I personally feel that 115F is too hot. I keep my basking within 100-110F and my beardies seem to prefer around 102-105F. If you're keeping your temps that high, make sure that you're watching for signs of dehyration.

warac67

Hatchling Member
randommonks":pf4jzi6a said:
warac67":pf4jzi6a said:
I had a similar problem with my first beardie. First, 95F is not hot enough for his basking temp for babies and juvenile's they need temps 110-115F. If the temperature isn't high enough the beardie won't be able to digest his food properly and it will sit in his stomach

I personally feel that 115F is too hot. I keep my basking within 100-110F and my beardies seem to prefer around 102-105F. If you're keeping your temps that high, make sure that you're watching for signs of dehyration.

I can understand that. I have just read and heard from people that particularly younger beardies like it hotter in their tanks. And as I stated the problem I had with my beardie was that I orginally didn't have the temps hot enough for him to eat properly, so I wanted to pass along the knowledge and experience.

VeggieLoven

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i mixed probiotic yogert and chickan baby food and put it on his nose he kinda licked it but then just left it alone. though he ate 3 crickets total which is better then 1 hes eaten in the past two days. the hot sode is getting up to 100 now and hes started to sit in the shade of his basking logs i orderd phonex worms today so they should b in tomarrow and i hope that works if not im going to start force feeding him the baby food

VeggieLoven

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
also hes getting a nice warm bath tonight hopefully that will help any upset tummy he is starting to look realy skinny an i can see his ribs so i hope this works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom