Is clay ok to build rocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardcore

Hatchling Member
Can clay be used to make rock structures. Seemed better than working with Styrofoam. But is it safe after baked?

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
Clay would be fine once baked...though you'll definitely want to seal it with something. I'd say glaze it, but that would make for a slippery surface. Clay will be heavier then a foam grout structure, and probably weaker (depends on how you make either one). But nothing says it won't work...so have fun and good luck!

Working with foam is super easy, and fast. Using a sharp knife to make cuts will almost eliminate any serious mess. Its certainly less messy then working with wet clay, and definitely faster. Clay has an advantage in the shapes you can make..so each method has its ups and downs. Make sure to take pictures of whatever you make out of clay!

changilass

Hatchling Member
If you don't seal it then poo will infuse your rock and it will stink. Also don't want beardie licking it and ingesting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom