I tiled my viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas4nep

I finally went with tile in my viv's and could not be happier. Cleanup is easy. Thanx for everyones suggestions on the board just from reading everyones comments
EricandAbby043.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, the tiles look great and love the background too along with the plants, you made some great choices. :p

Hard to tell in the picture, but make sure that your beardie isn't any closer than 6" from the UVB light, ok?

mas4nep

Original Poster
Thanx everyone I am a tile believer, it makes everything so much easier. The distance to his uvb is 6 inches at the closest point he can get to. I will be going to mvb"s when the reptisun 10'S expire.

therese30

I need you to come over and tile my tank! Looks really good. I have that same uvb light. I have it set up the same way except, I have the cover on. Does any one know if the plastic cover should be removed. Therese

Rocco

Yes therese, take the plastic cover off. Those covers are mainly for shipping and block most of the UVB rays.

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
Hello, I also plan to tile my viv when its done, I have a few questions:

Did you stick it to the bottom glass? If so, What did you use to stick it? And what did you do with the space between the tiles?

Hope you dont mind the questions, Thanks!

mas4nep

Original Poster
No i don't mind questions, thats what this board is all about. I laid a piece of foam shelf liner down first and I cut the tiles to exact dimensions and left one edge with enough room to take them out for cleaning. The tiles but up against each other pretty snug with no gaps, I really didn't want to grout any.

mas4nep

Original Poster
Tile is the way to go. It is really cheap at lowes, about $9.00. I also got a good rough texture too.

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
Great, so the styro is the secret so they wont move around, will do the exact same thing, I still have to source out my tiles though, Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom