I call forth Alucard

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you all know, Vash passed away..so sad.
But now I got a new guy, I will send pics
here not on another thread...he's very
stressed being shipped from Florida...I
got one before he wanted to hide.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great news that all is well for Alucard. :)

So, your crickets are breeding well?

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Yes, they are actually, almost 17 males are breeding with the 15 females. The old ones are fed off and now new ones are going strong. Diablo ate the old ones. I have 8 male roaches and 7 females. Although his leg is shedding and no problems should I still apply cocoa butter? I have to with his side of his face and beard. Y'know the area that looked like a fungus but it's not. The stubborn shed that looked yellow and confused me into thinking it was YF but it wasn't. It's really cool to seeing my fish have babies, some make it others don't. My scissortail are breeding pair now, I'm keeping the ones that survived like 4 of them. Selling the next batch of fish though.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You don't need to use the cocoa butter unless it is taking a long time to shed. If it looks good & doesn't seem bothersome to him on his leg, the baths should help that.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Alright thanks for the help, I will just apply to the side of his face and beard as it's still there. He's 3 months but he's small for any 3 month old well in his tank he looks big but in my hand he's tiny LOL. I guess it's because of his body hadn't shed yet. After all, everyone says he's bigger. It must be just me.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He had his breakfast, 6 fruitflies (I cultured them) and salad. Lunch is 4 medium crix and 9 pheonix. Dinner is 15 baby roaches. He doesn't really care for them. He just got out of his bath, pooped and still white urate so good news!
Doesn't exert his exhale breath much anymore. I'm upping his regular 10 minutes to 15 minute baths, he's not severely dehydrated or anything, he ended up liking them. He swims and splashes and then he tries to jump out...but he hasn't done much of that anymore. He relaxes, still not liking people other than me and my vet picking him up. She's out of town now so she'll be back on December 1, but coming to work December 2. So I cleaned out my cricket keeper before adding more from my nursery. I added 12 in there. The rest are gonna need time to grow. He did drink from
his bath yesterday'. He's basking before lunch he just got out of his bath. The beard and side if his face peeled off finally, it was a long road.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
His beard and face took a month as it was just coming off so I let it go, then I realized it's not going to come off. I ran out and bought pure cocoa butter stick and used it on his face in 3 days it was all the way off may take shorter time. I called up the breeder maybe she knows he's a problem shedder and well she confirmed that he is, on his face, beard and toes. Tail is just fine, but I'll watch it anyway.

He had 16 medium crix today dusted, up next is bath then lunch but then I gotta clean up the house so my older brother doesn't think mom's house is a dirty one. My 8 year old autistic cousin is also helping, we try not to tell him things and if we do, he cries. He thinks he's doing it wrong, his mother hates the crying she's fun though. She says "better stop it or no cake tonight " he immediately stops then. My older brother's bday today.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I found it at the dollar store as Diane suggested.
If it's not there you can try another place or order it
but it should be at the dollar store.

Happy Thanksgiving Esther19!

MamaTater

Hatchling Member
Esther19":2iard4ex said:
Where did you find the pure cocoa butter stick? I can't seem to locate any.
Happy Thanksgiving, dear!
Go the the hair stuff at walmart, specifically the ethnic hairstyling and hair care. Sidenote: they also have cocoa soap and it makes you smell like chocolate. For any chocolate-<3ers. :)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Esther19":15q410c7 said:
Where did you find the pure cocoa butter stick? I can't seem to locate any.
Yes Esther, I found it at a dollar store. It was as a last resort for Gizmo years ago as his shed was just not lifting, poor guy. It works very well. Here's a picture of the exact brand I got and it only cost about $1.00.
QHE-04946-1.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving all. Blue, good luck with all you have to do, enjoy your day. :)

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!

Surprise he ate 49 roaches!!!
They were dusted because it's breakfast!
Lunch is coming around and he'll eat
mustards and baby food chicken topped.
He'll eat a bowl full. He should totally grow
now!!! I mean he was before just now it
should be boosted. I'll try 49 pheonix if he
want them for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom