Rocky tried to go into brumation because....

he was stressed! And why was Rocky stressed....because he hasn't had my attention. It's been a rough week. Lizzie- work- I have been out of the house all week.
I have time with Rocky before I leave, I cut on the camera but unfortunately Rocky is asleep when I get home. On Wednesday, I stayed home and Rocky free roamed from room to room but just near the doorways so I could see him. Rocky then did loops around my feet like a dog while I worked. There were no attempts to take the stairs, all was going well.
At bedtime, Rocky decided to sleep in the office. This is new because Rocky hates the office due to the plants. Remember, all the plants reside in my office because he doesn't allow them in the bedroom (and some may be toxic). However, Rocky wanted to sleep closest to the AC vent...once I won that battle, I didn't win the battle of the enclosure. Rocky stayed in the room and slept on the couch. Rocky tossed and turned like an old man who has a job. Rocky is a still sleeper.

Fast forward, he woke up and started basking in the couch to the morning sun. It wasn't even a bright sun!! I tried at least put him in "his window"- ROCKY refused! Can you believe it? Neither can I!

I then headed out the next day and Rocky headed under his basking area. That's his "time out spot"- I let him be. He gave me the sad face. I let him be.
Rocky then found the hole into his other hide- it has 3 but he NEVER goes in it and he didn't come out for 2 days. Really ROCKY?! I knew nothing was wrong with him because when I said his name, he would move closer to the hole and lighten- but he wouldn't open his eyes and he never came out.

So here we are on Friday. Rocky didn't want to come out. When the lights came on I talk to him like normal. He didn't bother as if he knew I would leave him.
Well, I got him out. I will see if I can upload the video.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom