How often

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilla

Hatchling Member
When feeding ur bd,how many times per day?
I feed as much as she can eat in a short period of time in the morning which is like 6-10 crickets..
Is this right or should she be getting more meals later in the day as well?

nilla

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She is six months..
I just got her a few days ago.
I planned on dusting with rep-cal once a day for 6 days and once with herp vitimans on the 7th day.
I also dont see her drinking water yet although i mist her 3 times a day?
Should i see her drinking allot?

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Some say they should have feeders 3x daily, but I feed live feeders 2x daily. I feed lunch with about 25-30 phoenix worms for lunch on top of her salad (which she eats some of it...) and then for dinner she gets as many crix as she wants, which can range from about 40-60 or so.. You should feed her at least one more time a day and make sure she had greens all the time, in case she decides she wants them.

I don't mist my beardie. I give her baths about every other day (usually, she is getting them daily ATM), and I have only ever seen her drink just once. I've tried everything and she won't drink..

Oh, and you only need to dust 1 feeding a day.

6-10 crickets isn't that much. Are you sure your temps/uvb source are all correct?

nilla

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
You must be from MI?

I have everything right i just have not tried to feed her more yet.
Thanks,,,btw,,,Esham is the shizznit;)

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
nilla":9297c said:
You must be from MI?

I have everything right i just have not tried to feed her more yet.
Thanks,,,btw,,,Esham is the shizznit;)

MI? No, I'm actually in OK.. a Texan stuck here..

Thanks, about Esham. There is a thread of pics in the Other Reptiles Discussion Thread
here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=95301

You should give her as much food as she wants. They need the protein to support their bones and muscles. They grow SO FAST when they are so young, its essential.

nilla

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was assuming you named your bd after "ESHAM" the Detroit MI rapper??

I fed her about 20 today and she would not eat any more.

Im gonna order sum silk worms and roach's for her.

Why pheonix worms for you?

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
nilla":f6566 said:
I was assuming you named your bd after "ESHAM" the Detroit MI rapper??

I fed her about 20 today and she would not eat any more.

Im gonna order sum silk worms and roach's for her.

Why pheonix worms for you?

Hah, you are the first to make that association. My BD is also named for a 'Rapper' although, I'm not much into rap.. just ICP. Blaze (my dead homie) is under Psychopathic Records, too.. At the last ICP show, I realized that I am WAY to old now, most of the kids there were teenagers! I couldn't believe it..

Anyways, I haven't tried silk worms, they sound like too much of a hassle for me. I go back and forth from phoenix worms and butter worms at lunch. I like the butters because they smell sweet and they keep easily in the fridge, but the phoenix worms are so full of calcium. I think when she gets larger, I will stop feeding them because of the size, but for now, she can have as many as she wants! I don't have to dust them with calcium or anything (I dust the crix which I find to be much easier anyways), just toss them in her bowl.

nilla

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I use to work at a club in MI and we held a ton of there shows...

Ok,i think im gonna try the dubia and some pheonix or butters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom