How much and how often?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chryss

Hatchling Member
Alvin eats a mixture of circkets, phoenix worms, and butter worms along with some dandylions (sp?), collard greens, and escorle (sp?). He just in the last couple weeks really got into his vegies (he is only 3.5 months old). His favorite is the escorle and his favorite worm is the butter worms. He goes in spurts as to how much he will eat. One day he will binge and eat a ton and the next couple of days he will eat moderately. He eats twice a day and the first feeding all worms and vegies are always available which I give him before I go to work. When I get home, he eats between 25-35 crickets (unless he is getting ready to shed in which case he won't eat hardly anything) and a few more worms.

I just recently ordered in some Small Super Worms which are between 3/4" and 1" in size. He ate two yesterday as I wanted to start him out slow to see how he would handle digesting them. The small size is a new option with the Mulberry Farm. He is 12.5" big so I wanted to see how they went. He actually seems a bit nervous around them so I am not sure how he likes them yet. I will only give him a couple at a time to see if he can handle them.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Gizmo is two now, she get superworms, butterworms and locusts as protein, she has only just strated eating veggies, and this is really a battle! but collard greens, spring greens, pansies, squashes, carrots (sometimes) she will only eat it if it moves, which involes me waving it around, or only feeding her outside! spoilt!!

Generally she gets the mix of greens etc in the morning, and in the afternoon i swap them for fresh, and all of her live feeders are placed in the bowl, hopefully she will eat some accindentally!

i also gut load the live feeders. that is giving them the greens etc which i give her so they are a bit more nutirtious than if they are just eating cardboard! lol tasty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom