how many inches a average adult bearded dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
i know i dont have a german giant cuz they would cost more then Nino thats for sure :lol: so i was wondering how big will he get so whats the average size for a full grown bearded dragon?

Gail

BD.org Addict
18"-20" seems average but they can be smaller or bigger, depends on the genetics and how they are cared for when young.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Gail":1xu2mzum said:
18"-20" seems average but they can be smaller or bigger, depends on the genetics and how they are cared for when young.
oh ok i hope mine reach that size im think he is too because he is 12 inches now last time i posted on here he was 10 inches and that was like a month or less than that ago! so he is really growing and healthy the very first time i got Nino was in january and he was 7 inches so he is 4 months and some weeks old now according to the time i got him he could be 5 months old but what is the smallest adult bearded dragon you've ever seen?

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Gail":3k33lkuf said:
The smallest I've personally seen was 15" and the largest was 22".
wow really? i think mine is gonna get pass 15 inches cuz i feed him until he stops eating i do it twice a day and i have reptisun 10.0 :D

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
I would say the lowest ive seen is 15 as well but i saw a 26inch beardie on youtube somewhere and my jaw dropped! it was most likely german giant but still,they generally gain a lot of length between 6-8 months,zilla was 14 inches at 6 months and now hes almost 17 inches and 8 months old :p

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zillathakilla":m7goaufp said:
I would say the lowest ive seen is 15 as well but i saw a 26inch beardie on youtube somewhere and my jaw dropped! it was most likely german giant but still,they generally gain a lot of length between 6-8 months,zilla was 14 inches at 6 months and now hes almost 17 inches and 8 months old :p
i seen some adults but i dont know how big they were tho i do know they look like they was over 15 inches thats for sure :shock: but 26inches thats definietly a german giant i never seen them that big! but i think mines gonna be the same inches as yours when he reach 6 months old its like he's growing every month or less :) what morph is your beardie? and you think you can tell me what morph is minecuz i still dont know i got pictures of him if that helps :D

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
beardieluv":1tu7l2n4 said:
Charlie is 22 1/2 inches and he is a big boy. He's also chunky haha.
whoa!! :shock: you must have a german giant right? lol i sure hope mines get atleast 18 inches i dont know why but i like them more when they are bigger there spikes come out more and they eat less protein and more veggies :lol: i guess thats why

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
I have no clue. I bought him from a pet store. I aways thought he was normal sized! o_O All i know is he is part citrus, his eyelids are bright orange, and his body gets yellow when he's happy.

Gail

BD.org Addict
22 inches isn't a german giant, in fact there are very few true german giants left in america and the ones that are here aren't being bred anymore.

Phoebe

Hatchling Member
My beardie is 8 months old and 16inch, I don't know if that's healthy/average but it doesn't sound too far off the adult size :)

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Phoebe":r6j6e2gd said:
My beardie is 8 months old and 16inch, I don't know if that's healthy/average but it doesn't sound too far off the adult size :)
they become adults when they reach 1 year old thats what ive been told so yours probably got a little more growing to do and then he should stop when he reach 1 year old :D yours might get to be 18 inches

Tomek

Juvie Member
Mine is over a year old and is 17" only - I do believe she is done growing. My daughters beardie is only about 12" and is over a year old. I honestly do not think she is a normal beardie, she is way way to small. The cage is small also that she got for her, I wonder if that has stunted her growth?

Gail

BD.org Addict
Its more likely her growth was stunted due to your bad UVB situation, it does affect all aspects of a dragon from color to growth. They can still grow, its not like they magically stop growing at one year old. I've seen some grow in length well into year two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angiemeyer8561
Top Bottom