How long can beardies breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agilitygirl

Hatchling Member
How many years or clutches can bearded dragons have? After they are to old to breed, can they be put together or will they still need to be separated?

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Even past breeding age they still need to be separated. Dominance will be an issue between the dragons. No matter what age they don't do well together

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
A male will try to breed up till it is a very old man.
He may be shooting blanks, but He will still shoot.

For a female you will get many diff answers.
I tend to retire my females no later than 4 years old.

Are they still capable to breed?? Yes. Is it in their best interest to breed them?? My answer is no. To harsh on them at that point.

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
That would also depend on how often they get bred. If you wait until they are full adults, around 1 1/2 to 2 years, and then alternate breeding every other year it wouldn't be too bad to go as far as 6 or 7 years old, but if you breed a female every year then I agree with Tom 4 maybe 5 years old max.

DaddyGeek

Juvie Member
That is about the answer I was thinking I would get. I had heard of them being bred to about that age and that each breeding takes a permanent toll on their bodies over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom